Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else love angry traders?

Anyone else love angry traders?
Hey guys or girls,

Have any of you had traders that actually get mad at you when you politely tell them that they dont have anything that you would want in a trade? I dont know what some people here expect. Its like they think the card they are requesting from you in a trade is theirs when they send you a trade offer. And I am not talking about anybody that I am dealing with now so rest assured its not you. We are on here to have fun and maybe find some nice stuff and in some cases even make friends with people. And this is off topic but ALWAYS ASK FOR A SCAN OF THE CARD OR CARDS YOU ARE TRADING FOR!!!! For newbies out there. I recently made that mistake in a trade a little while back now that was well over $100 BV and got 2 cards that looked like a blind guy at Topps cut the sheet. 80-20 centering is not near mint/mint!!!!

I had a long day moving into my new house so I just wanted to vent.....LOL....If anyone else has had issues like this feel free to chime in. Oh yeah and if you have a 2012 Bowman Chrome Prospects Tyler Austin Autograph you want to trade then give me look!!!

Thanks,

Chad

RE: Anyone else love angry traders?
Chad you have some really nice cards bro. If you want could you give me a look?

(11-03-2012, 10:28 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: Chad you have some really nice cards bro. If you want could you give me a look?
Thank you...I will give a look!!

What do you mean i don't have anything you are interested in!!??!! I have 3,439 cards listed!

I only ask for a scan of it is marked nm, and even then unless it's an older card I really don't care. To me, the centering doesn't make it not mint. Its about having the card in my pc, value is just a bonus.
[Image: image_zps2colexaf.jpeg]
Looking for Mookie Betts, Antonio Brown, Pedroia, Andrew McCutchen, David Ortiz, Draymond Green

(11-04-2012, 12:13 AM)Neifert Wrote: What do you mean i don't have anything you are interested in!!??!! I have 3,439 cards listed!
LOL....Thats sarcastic...not angry......but close....its funny how you can tell the traders tone of voice from an email.

(11-04-2012, 07:08 AM)joncarrie2006 Wrote: I only ask for a scan of it is marked nm, and even then unless it's an older card I really don't care. To me, the centering doesn't make it not mint. Its about having the card in my pc, value is just a bonus.
For me anything $10 BV and up I like to have good centering...it is the first thing you see when you look at the card. For me usually what makes a card special is its value unless it was a gift.....I have a 1989 Score Barry Sanders Rookie that is only a $30 card but my brother bought it for me during some of the happiest times in my life so I even if someone offers me a million dollars for it...that card is PC for life.

I used to always try to make a deal but anymore it seems guys list a bunch of cards under $5 and expect a trade. I won't even mail for under $20 anymore.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Those are typically the people that should probably take a break from the hobby for a bit and go experience something else for awhile. If people are getting all worked up over trading cards, they need a reality check.

(11-04-2012, 01:36 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Those are typically the people that should probably take a break from the hobby for a bit and go experience something else for awhile. If people are getting all worked up over trading cards, they need a reality check.
Exactly. A main reason we collect is because we enjoy it. It should make us happy. That's the point of any hobby.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

You all make valid points...I collect cards because it brings me back to a place in my life when nothing mattered but the next test in math class and if that girl thought I was good looking....those carefree days on childhood. However as an adult just pulling a card of my favorite player doesn't quite do it for me anymore. Boxes of cards are expensive now so for me its also an investment. And with grading being a big part of the industry...the condition of the card means a lot. If I trade with someone I always let them know possible issues with cards before I trade them. And not everyone on this site is that courteous and if for some reason they aren't happy with what I sent them I always do my best to correct the problem.