`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this an actual Nolan auto or an autopen?

RE: Is this an actual Nolan auto or an autopen?
(09-09-2012, 09:46 PM)mpc2876 Wrote: Personally I think that is wrong.Why lead someone to believe they have an actual autograph?If you dont want to sign then send them a pic or something.I also think its wrong to charge for an autograph.If not for the fans these sports stars and celebs wouldnt be living the life they are and they could at least take some time to sign a few autos every now and again.But again just my opinion.
They (or at least Nolan) give you an auto as a thanks for donating to their charity as opposed to other charities that just say "thank you" and don't give you much more than a tax write off if you do that. He didn't buy the Rangers with autograph fees.
[Image: badtime.jpg]

(09-09-2012, 09:46 PM)mpc2876 Wrote: Personally I think that is wrong.Why lead someone to believe they have an actual autograph?If you dont want to sign then send them a pic or something.I also think its wrong to charge for an autograph.If not for the fans these sports stars and celebs wouldnt be living the life they are and they could at least take some time to sign a few autos every now and again.But again just my opinion.
I read in the early 90's Ryan was getting four to five hundred letters a week. So if you want a real Auto in his lifetime then he requires a fee to move to the top of the food chain.

It would be one thing if it were kids sending them in. But 95% of the time, it would be adults abusing it to try to make their own profit. A guy like Nolan Ryan could sign autos til his hand fell off and there'd still be people who want more. I can't say I blame the players too much for asking for $. A lot of the guys donate it to the team's charity anyway.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

what's to say that the auto's on stickers from future hall of famers and hall of famers aren't from auto pens?
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

Supply and demand applies. People want Nolan Ryan auto's. Why not charge a fee? Regardless of what is done with the money. Pick a no-name nobody who played AAA ball for 10 years and I bet he would sign an auto free of charge and would probably be very flattered to have even be asked.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.