`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prime set builders crack me up (rant)...

Prime set builders crack me up (rant)...
Im just curious what is going through the minds of set builders?? I keep getting PMs on the 4 forums that are all basically "Ill give your $5 for all your base"... Ummmm really? $5... Then when I respond no thanks thats way to low, I get the responce in return "They are base cards, they arent worth anything". Ok yes they are base cards, but the base cards in this set are /249, which is WAYYYYY lower then most other sets INSERT SETS. They have value to them. I mean some of these base cards have sold for $20+ on the bay... i just dont understand what goes through peoples head sometimes... I think a fair estimate for the base in this set is $2-$4 per card. But maybe thats just me cause I have no problem paying that for the ones i want, I have no problem paying like $9 for a high end player in this set either...

Sorry had to blow off some steam cause I had just recieved another "$5 for your base" PMs...
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

RE: Prime set builders crack me up (rant)...
Agreed totally-- Someone sends an offer to mike like that I usually just ignore not worth the time to respond.

i agree fully. i think $2-$4 bottom end for these base. considering the low numbering, the price of the product, the fact that you get only 2 base per box, and the cards are beautiful IMO.
Primary PC: Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Connor Mcdavid, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Collecting All Oilers GU/Auto/SN cards

also building sets, needs found here http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1488853.html

(09-02-2012, 11:50 PM)rczubaty Wrote: i agree fully. i think $2-$4 bottom end for these base. considering the low numbering, the price of the product, the fact that you get only 2 base per box, and the cards are beautiful IMO.
Saw you collect Oilers stuff. I pulled a Ranford prime signatures /99 if your interested Pm me...

(09-02-2012, 11:50 PM)rczubaty Wrote: i agree fully. i think $2-$4 bottom end for these base. considering the low numbering, the price of the product, the fact that you get only 2 base per box, and the cards are beautiful IMO.
I tried to respond to your PM but it said youve reached your quota for IM's, whatever that means haha. Buy yea im only selling right now to make up for all the money I spent on Prime -- then Ill probably buy more Prime once I get some extra money built back up haha

Ya base for prime is well worth 2-4 bucks but also if your a set builder then any base should be worth what a fair value is obviously any base card is worth something

(09-03-2012, 01:16 AM)josiahcecil Wrote: Ya base for prime is well worth 2-4 bucks but also if your a set builder then any base should be worth what a fair value is obviously any base card is worth something
For sure, thats what I was offering + shipping to finish my Crown Royal set for the cards I needed just because I wanted to finish it (which I still havnt ggrrrrr!!) and I thought id be nice to offer shipping for the seller taking the time to go through their stuff...

Set builders can be either highly realistic, or highly unrealistic in their offers, especially when chasing a hard set to build. I had someone offer me a $60 autograph for about $90 in Champs parallels that I never would have moved, so I jumped on it, and we were both happy. If I had more that he needed, I would have gone up on the deal, just to help out. The deal took less than 15 minutes!!! Within a day or two, another trader offered me $20 PayPal for about $200 in UD Canvas cards. I asked if he knew what they were worth, and here is his exact response, cut and pasted for your enjoyment...

"The BV on theese isn't real, those prices are inflated. I can get all of those bases from my LCS for like $5, I was just being genorous."

His words, spelling errors and all, and included in the batch were the Hodgson Young Guns canvas and Jean Beliveau & Pelle Lindbergh Retired canvas cards. I'll pass on your "generous" offer, genius.

I love helping set builders, it's awesome to see someone complete a project, but I'm sure not going to let $4-5 base cards from a high-end set go for pennies on the dollar because I have a bunch that they need. If the guys you're trading with feel that they're "just base cards" then why are they in such a hurry to get you to trade them? The offer has to be fair, and if someone is trading down to build a set, that's his goal, not yours, so don't just let them go for a song and dance, that's my 2 cents.

P.S. we should compare notes on some base sets, I'm working on CR, SPA and Titanium and have a bunch of doubles that I'd gladly trade for set needs!
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

(09-03-2012, 07:44 AM)bruinsfan08 Wrote: "The BV on theese isn't real, those prices are inflated. I can get all of those bases from my LCS for like $5, I was just being genorous."

His words, spelling errors and all, and included in the batch were the Hodgson Young Guns canvas and Jean Beliveau & Pelle Lindbergh Retired canvas cards. I'll pass on your "generous" offer, genius.
unreal... go get them at your LCS, then. Amazing how these people are... I remember I had one guy on SCF offer me $8 for a ITG H&P Colborne GOLD Jersey card /10... after a few not-so-cordial e-mails, I remember him ending the conversation by bashing my game-worn jersey collection about having a bunch of no name players (Koivu, Tikkanen, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Hasek, Fedorov, Shanahan, Jokinen, Timonen)..... yep.. my game-worn collection is pretty unimpressive.. naturally the guy was a Canucks fan.. typical (any Canucks fans here, sorry, but this is the only place where I've "met" Canucks fans that aren't 'insert insulting explatives')

[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

The kind of funny thing is in 6 months they will be basically worthless. Right now, though, they're flying out of breaker's hands.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com