`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Giants Fans I have a question for you!

Giants Fans I have a question for you!
Is Jerrel Jernigan going to make the team/get any playing time!?
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

RE: Giants Fans I have a question for you!
(08-25-2012, 04:23 PM)philly eagle in az Wrote: Is Jerrel Jernigan going to make the team/get any playing time!?
Yes and yes. But with the way Ramses Barden is playing it's going to be mainly special teams unless someone gets hurt again. No one expected Barden to have the pre season he has had. The Giants passing game is super strong right now. Cruz is the only real slot man, but the wide out positions run real deep. And since were talking Giants, did you see David Wilson run the ball last night? Holy crap the kid is good. The Giants have never really had speed before! I'm lovin him. We are a little soft at the corner position, but I bet we will pick someone up after cuts. It's going to be a good year!

2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

(08-25-2012, 04:23 PM)philly eagle in az Wrote: Is Jerrel Jernigan going to make the team/get any playing time!?
because the wr position is so deep i don't think he will make the roster unless an injury happens

I think these WR's make the team
Nicks
Randle
Barden
Cruz
Hixon
Jernigan

I think these WR's get cut
Collins
Stanback
DePalma
Talley

I think Douglas will make the team on Special Teams. And don't forget Jernigan signed a 4 year deal last year. He won't be a free agent until 2015. The Giants VERY rarely buy out contracts.

I agree with 270's WR assessment. Jernigan will make the team, but he wont get much playing time this year unless there's some injuries. He hasn't helped himself by playing poorly in the pre-season though. I'm sure they would like him to be the kick returner but he hasn't done much there either.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

(08-26-2012, 08:48 AM)bselje Wrote: I agree with 270's WR assessment. Jernigan will make the team, but he wont get much playing time this year unless there's some injuries. He hasn't helped himself by playing poorly in the pre-season though. I'm sure they would like him to be the kick returner but he hasn't done much there either.
Played poorly when? He had a strong camp. Lots of JJ chatter, especially in July. Just a lot of competition, Barden stepping up, and a rookie.

my video from camp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UfJ3Pirke0

USA Today:

Jerrel Jernigan has been the "surprise player" of Giants camp so far.
Jernigan has shown "flashes of brilliance" with vertical speed and sure hands. Although Domenik Hixon entered camp higher on the depth chart and Rueben Randle has drawn most of the buzz, Jernigan outplayed both in the first week of camp. He's a legit candidate for the No. 3 role as well as kick-return duties. Jul 31 - 5:35 PM
Source: USA Today

Thanks guys!

Just repeating what I'd read on G101 blog and my neighbor who went to camp. Maybe he just had a bad day but my neighbor said he dropped a couple passes and muffed a punt.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

(08-26-2012, 07:20 PM)bselje Wrote: Just repeating what I'd read on G101 blog and my neighbor who went to camp. Maybe he just had a bad day but my neighbor said he dropped a couple passes and muffed a punt.
I believe it. I seen him duff some easy ones. He isn't the greatest guy on the team but I think he'll survive another season.

(08-26-2012, 07:20 PM)bselje Wrote: Just repeating what I'd read on G101 blog and my neighbor who went to camp. Maybe he just had a bad day but my neighbor said he dropped a couple passes and muffed a punt.
I believe it. I seen him duff some easy ones. He isn't the greatest guy on the team but I think he'll survive another season. A month ago I would have thought the #3 spot for sure. But now, I see him being the #5 man again.

My question is where the heck is Deuce? He was the big Ramses Barden fan/collector. He must be thrilled right now. I miss that guy!

Jernigan 3/4!? =D

????

http://www.giants.com/team/depth-chart.html