`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
What Is The Deal.....

RE: What Is The Deal.....
(07-17-2012, 07:50 PM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: That happens A LOT on here. At least to me.
It's ridiculous.

Why not just be straight with people ... the last deal I'm referring to, I was going to list all my cards on the bay and just sell them and buy what I wanted, but I offered them to members first on here for trade — thinking 1) I might get better BV than just letting them go for a third of what they're worth on the bay and 2) if someone wanted them for PC or whatever, all the better.

I thought I had a trade worked out, I waited like three more days without hearing anything back, and finally listed them on the bay — that's three days sooner that I could have had the cash for my cards.

I mean, I just let a Ripken auto go for like $50 on the bay, to a card shop no less. It's not a big deal, the guy won it fair and square, but I know he's trying to make a buck on it.

That's not a big deal either, but I would much rather have a Ripken collector on here trade for it — and if I get a better deal in the process, that's great.

I agree totally with Ricelynnevans. I have done very few trades with this site not because I don't like to trade. Because I am still trying to figure out my collection. The trades I have done were with some of the best traders on here i think because they treated me very well. Just a little less than a month ago I traded a card for cash and a card and picked up 4 cards that i really liked. If people want something of mine as long as I have doubles or don't collect the player I have no problem trading. I have a very large organize but have been pairing it down to brands and years. That's just my two cents..

i hate when people try to act like they wanna help ya with low end cards u need or have a low end player u collect but then they expect autos or hot cards like bryce harper in return. i actually had a guy offer me some common refractors i needed and said he wanted trout, harper, strasburg in return. good grief that gets old.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

I ran into a person a while back on here that thought I should trade my cards to them at half to one third of BV while they wanted full BV for their cards in return. These were 2011 Gypsy queen inserts and parallels for gods sake. He was unwilling to negotiate. I told him to get lost and ignored him after that. I have since seen that he has spent a lot of $$$ on his GQ collection but he wanted to rip me off for six or seven cards.

(07-17-2012, 08:37 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: If there is something that's really jumped to my attention in this hobby over the past few years, it's the overabundance of inflated egos and self-worth, all due to small pieces of cardboard with photos of other guys on them.
I think this should be the new slogan for the trading boards!

I couldn't agree more! Some people think that their you-know-what doesn't stink and you should honored they offered you an 1986 Topps Sixto Lezcano for a Ty Cobb AUTO and when you decline the trade they send you nasty-grams.

Oh and just because I mention that I collect Chipper and Jeter doesn't mean that I'm going to sell my soul to the devil to get their cards. If the deal doesn't work for me, IT'S MY RIGHT TO DECLINE IT.

(07-17-2012, 02:10 PM)carolinahuey Wrote: Maybe I'm too sensitive!
No. You are just too smart and reasonable. If more of us thought like you, things would go way too smoothly.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

It happens all the time here. I get offers for a high end auto and I take the time to look at there stuff and all they have is commons listed FT. Other times I get offers for high end autos and they have added a bunch of my low end wants on their side and expect me to accept. When I adjust the trade and send it back they just cancel without any comments as to what the problem was.
I mostly only trade for PC items unless I know I have something the other trader needs for their PC then I will try and pick up some trade bait in order to get something for my PC. Most of the time I am fine with trading down but I am not giving a $150 BV auto away for a bunch of $5-$10 cards either. I can buy those for $2-$3.

(07-18-2012, 10:10 AM)jonathani Wrote: No. You are just too smart and reasonable. If more of us thought like you, things would go way too smoothly.

JonathanI
While I appreciate the compliment, I am by no means perfect and I'm sure I've angered more than few people on these boards as I was learning how online trading worked. All the mistakes that I've made have made me a better person to deal with (I hope).

My long-standing #1 rule is just because I have it marked FT doesn't mean that I will trade it for anything. Right now I am building up my PC and I am willing to trade higher-end cards to meet my goal. I'm not talking about $100 cards, but I've sent some GUed cards in return for a lot of base. That's fine with me AT THIS TIME, that's not always the case. It's an offer, not a guarantee....remember that.

I HATE THE ORG!!!!!!!!

I don't have time to go through sort my cards make lists of them scan them and then load 1000s of cards into it.

Then there is the trading. Many times (in the past) the org would leave a card up there and when I tried to take it off it would say it was still for trade.

And on that note. If I trade the card on a different site I have to go back through the Org and take it down (if I remember to)

ANNOYING!!!!!!

That said I love to trade and for the most part feel like I am a good person to trade with. If I have to I list cards in the org after a trade is worked out, but until then.......

Thanks for the rant, but I got the feeling this is a rant kinda thread Smile
X

The ORG has gotten 100% better since the site was 'fixed' a few months ago. Now the only issue I have with it is speed. The rest is human input error.

I don't scan images in, I just use the ORG to keep track of what cards I have of what players. For example I take my Chipper cards and separate them by year and type in Chipper 1998, then I just go through the stack and next thing I know, I'm done. Then I go back through my duplicates and adjust the Have/Trade total.

It can get overwhelming if you have auctions going on or trades on other sites, but after I print off the shipping label or the trade invoice and pack the cards up from the other site, I go to My ORG and adjust. Granted I don't have more 20 or 25 auctions going on at one time so it is easier to stay on top of. I'm also an accountant so keeping track of transactions and inventory is, unfortunately, second nature to me.