`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Jordan Rc or Hank Aaron RC

Jordan Rc or Hank Aaron RC
if you had the choice to buy a hank aaron rc or a jordan rc which would you choose and why?

RE: Jordan Rc or Hank Aaron RC
Hank Aaron because I only collect baseball cards
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Jordan for sure... Hank was one of the best to play, but Jordan IS the best to ever play.
Will ship first to proven Traders as I build my trade rep.
[Image: IMG_0002-2-1.jpg]
Will trade in your favor for this rainbow. Need: Purple/555,Red/25,ref,x-frac,superfractor, and plates

Aaron......great stats, career, and in passing on,(one day, hopefully not soon) his rookie will only go up!
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

I personally would go w/ the Aaron! but I also think it would boil down to condition. I think it would be harder to find a real nice Aaron vs. a real nice Jordon.
[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE

(06-25-2012, 12:40 AM)TlionsFan Wrote: Jordan for sure... Hank was one of the best to play, but Jordan IS the best to ever play.
jordan isnt the best to ever play. people have got to stop repeating that as if it is gospel. most marketed? sure. best ever? that is a debate

You take the aaron over the jordan for a simple reason: one is vintage

all things equal - condition, etc - a great shape Aaron is a much better investment than a great shape jordan

(06-25-2012, 11:01 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: jordan isnt the best to ever play. people have got to stop repeating that as if it is gospel. most marketed? sure. best ever? that is a debate

You take the aaron over the jordan for a simple reason: one is vintage

all things equal - condition, etc - a great shape Aaron is a much better investment than a great shape jordan
I totally agree with everything you have stated!!!!!
[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE

Not trying to agitate you but who else who you say? If you don't think Jordan is the best to play.

(06-25-2012, 12:39 PM)mfisher27 Wrote: Not trying to agitate you but who else who you say? If you don't think Jordan is the best to play.
he's most definitely in the debate as far as best player ever. but for me, the best to ever play the game? wilt chamberlain. and really, it aint all that close. averaged 50 points in one season. big deal you say, he was tall (i mean, not everyone had a bill russell). so one year he decided to lead the league in assists. and did. a center led the league in assists purely because he decided...why not?

saying jordan is the best - without any debate, as if it was gospel - is to ignore the history of the game. And i realize this aint baseball - basketball's history is largely ignored before the mid-late 70's when dr j came to prominence, magic and larry rolled through

i will say this: jordan had the most impact on the game. he is basketball's Pele - a man who did incredible things at the right time with right team, and had a global impact. no doubt Jordan made basketball international.

the most dominant player to ever play the NBA - not the best, the most dominant - was shaq. (the most dominant in college was kareem)

the best season ever? oscar robertson, when he AVERAGED a triple double

the person that most revolutionized a position? magic johnson

and the best player ever, imo: wilt chamberlain. the man was just gifted, athletically (he was a track star in college) and intellectually. he understood the ebbs and flows of the game better than almost anyone else.

Clearly Chamberlain is in the discussion as the best player in the history of the NBA, but I don't think you give Jordan the credit he deserves by saying that he is what he is because he was the most marketed. Why was he the most marketed? Because a lot of people would agree that he is the best to ever play. Sure, Chamberlain had a great season where he averaged 50 p/g ONE season. You failed to mention that Chamberlain also had a season where he only averaged a measly 10 p/g. Jordan's worst season, he averaged 20. Throughout their careers, Jordan's stats are better. There is also the fact that in the last 20 years or so, basketball players in general have become much better players overall (more athletic, faster, bigger, etc.) Final two points here: Jordan has 5 more championships than Chamberlain and was a much better defender.
Will ship first to proven Traders as I build my trade rep.
[Image: IMG_0002-2-1.jpg]
Will trade in your favor for this rainbow. Need: Purple/555,Red/25,ref,x-frac,superfractor, and plates