`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Jordan Rc or Hank Aaron RC

RE: Jordan Rc or Hank Aaron RC
(06-25-2012, 02:26 PM)TlionsFan Wrote: Clearly Chamberlain is in the discussion as the best player in the history of the NBA, but I don't think you give Jordan the credit he deserves by saying that he is what he is because he was the most marketed.
i didnt say that. i only said he was the most marketed

and if not for the celtics, wilt would have had at least more championships.

With basketball, there are so many more things that can't be kept track in with stats, unlike baseball. With baseball, the numbers tell who the best players are. Basketball isn't that way, imo.
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Why do you think hank's other cards arent highly priced or popular as his rookie? His other cards arent very collectable or priced close to his rookie as such players as mantle, mays, williams etc

(06-25-2012, 03:22 PM)blackitalian Wrote: Why do you think hank's other cards arent highly priced or popular as his rookie? His other cards arent very collectable or priced close to his rookie as such players as mantle, mays, williams etc
Mantle was a yankee
Willie Mays is the greatest all-around player in history
Ted Williams is the greatest hitter who ever lived

Hank played in relatively smaller markets, was a bit of a compiler, and is most known for breaking a record which is now diminished due to no fault of his own

the home run record USED to be the most recognized crown in north american sports, and it was close

but high grade aaron's do very well and long term, vintage will always hold up

This is a matter of opinion.... Much like who was better Jordan or Wilt.

Personally, if the cards were equal condition and price, I would take the Jordan.
Vintage factors aside I do believe he was the best to ever play, so in my PC it would be the card that was more valued.

This said, I traded a very nice Jordan rookie for the Ali cut auto in my avatar. Reason had nothing to do with sale value/trade value or any of that other stuff, I don't collect for that. I simply liked the Ali card more and had to have it.

In my opinion Jordan was the best baller... But Ali was the GOAT BABY...
Collecting Vintage football and all things Mickey Mantle.
[Image: th_598ff54f.jpg]

(06-25-2012, 05:50 PM)osujeffrey Wrote: This is a matter of opinion.... Much like who was better Jordan or Wilt.

Personally, if the cards were equal condition and price, I would take the Jordan.
Vintage factors aside I do believe he was the best to ever play, so in my PC it would be the card that was more valued.

This said, I traded a very nice Jordan rookie for the Ali cut auto in my avatar. Reason had nothing to do with sale value/trade value or any of that other stuff, I don't collect for that. I simply liked the Ali card more and had to have it.

In my opinion Jordan was the best baller... But Ali was the GOAT BABY...
Well said.
Will ship first to proven Traders as I build my trade rep.
[Image: IMG_0002-2-1.jpg]
Will trade in your favor for this rainbow. Need: Purple/555,Red/25,ref,x-frac,superfractor, and plates

I would go with Aaron everyday of the week. I think that Jordan was the end of an era and will always be the best of his generation but Aaron defied racism and hatemail to do what he did. To me that alone makes him a true hero of the game. As for the basketball debate up there, i believe that the NBA has turned into a glorified soap opera that needs to be fixed bad. For the last 15 years at least everything seems rigged to me. If you are a big named player you never get fouls called against you. I think that David Stern needs to go away before I really follow NBA basketball again. And this may get some flack but Shaq is the most overrated player of any sport ever. The dude just ***** bumped people and dunked. He brought in money so he never fouled out and man handled anyone he wanted. I am off my soap box now.

Yea Muhammad Ali was the best... draft dodger.
But I cant hate on the card, that is awesome!

(06-25-2012, 07:46 PM)dallas_collecter84 Wrote: I would go with Aaron everyday of the week. I think that Jordan was the end of an era and will always be the best of his generation but Aaron defied racism and hatemail to do what he did. To me that alone makes him a true hero of the game. As for the basketball debate up there, i believe that the NBA has turned into a glorified soap opera that needs to be fixed bad. For the last 15 years at least everything seems rigged to me. If you are a big named player you never get fouls called against you. I think that David Stern needs to go away before I really follow NBA basketball again. And this may get some flack but Shaq is the most overrated player of any sport ever. The dude just ***** bumped people and dunked. He brought in money so he never fouled out and man handled anyone he wanted. I am off my soap box now.

Well said bro! I never liked shaq especially when he played for the lakers. He just stood by the basket looking real confused. But there are tons of jordan rc but to find a 54 topps in good condition is awesome

(06-25-2012, 07:46 PM)dallas_collecter84 Wrote: I would go with Aaron everyday of the week. I think that Jordan was the end of an era and will always be the best of his generation but Aaron defied racism and hatemail to do what he did. To me that alone makes him a true hero of the game. As for the basketball debate up there, i believe that the NBA has turned into a glorified soap opera that needs to be fixed bad. For the last 15 years at least everything seems rigged to me. If you are a big named player you never get fouls called against you. I think that David Stern needs to go away before I really follow NBA basketball again. And this may get some flack but Shaq is the most overrated player of any sport ever. The dude just ***** bumped people and dunked. He brought in money so he never fouled out and man handled anyone he wanted. I am off my soap box now.
YES SIR! I use to love the nba and being from chicago I was a Bulls
fan.But for the reasons you have stated I stopped watching around 1994. I focused more on college ball instead.
[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE