`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting back in the hobby

RE: Getting back in the hobby
Picked up a couple Chrome blaster's from Walmart so far and one Press Pass (football). Spent $60 for pretty much no hits

Not really any good card shops near me, so I had to settle for buying the blasters. Never going to buy another one. Never got anything, no game used, no auto's nothing. And I bought quite a few over several different brands. So I just look for cheap boxes on ebay with a chance for game used/autos. That has served me much better. Since I am mainly trying to get auto or game used for each of my favorite players, thats how I collect now.

To the Op by the way that means (original poster) What is great about this hobby is you can spend as little or as much as you want. Some people I know break cases and boxes and sell all their big hits while making base sets and auto sets. Myself I collect Prospects and Hall of Famers. But that doesn't mean I buy only off Ebay or from the LCS (Local Card Shop). Sometimes I have bought just a few packs and pulled some amazing stuff. I also agree this hobby when buying packs and boxes is a complete gamble but it is a complete rush when you buy a box and you pull a 200 or 1000 dollar card. I also sell on Ebay some of my hits but I am picky about that so I don't sell quite as often as I should. Just have fun and figure out what works best for you.

(05-25-2012, 12:10 AM)magneto2 Wrote: To the Op by the way that means (original poster) What is great about this hobby is you can spend as little or as much as you want. Some people I know break cases and boxes and sell all their big hits while making base sets and auto sets. Myself I collect Prospects and Hall of Famers. But that doesn't mean I buy only off Ebay or from the LCS (Local Card Shop). Sometimes I have bought just a few packs and pulled some amazing stuff. I also agree this hobby when buying packs and boxes is a complete gamble but it is a complete rush when you buy a box and you pull a 200 or 1000 dollar card. I also sell on Ebay some of my hits but I am picky about that so I don't sell quite as often as I should. Just have fun and figure out what works best for you.
i've read a couple different threads about selling on ebay, bubble mailers, using top loaders, etc......what's the best way in your opinon to package a card and or for other's as well, what's the best way?

For shipping a card, the best way I believe is of course a penny sleeve and toploader. then put the toploader(s) in a teambag. Then place it in the bubblemailer. There are times when I put the white decoy cards in with the cards to make sure that it is a little more protected.
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

(05-25-2012, 12:03 PM)clarkzac Wrote: For shipping a card, the best way I believe is of course a penny sleeve and toploader. then put the toploader(s) in a teambag. Then place it in the bubblemailer. There are times when I put the white decoy cards in with the cards to make sure that it is a little more protected.

what is a teambag? (serious question)

A teambag is like a penny sleeve. You can fit a whole toploaded card in one and they won't move around. This is a best practice with single cards for trades or selling. The more secure you can make the card the better chance it has of getting to someone in near mint or better condition. Also if selling make sure to take pictures before you send it. That way you know what the condition of the card you sent out is.

(05-27-2012, 11:36 PM)magneto2 Wrote: A teambag is like a penny sleeve. You can fit a whole toploaded card in one and they won't move around. This is a best practice with single cards for trades or selling. The more secure you can make the card the better chance it has of getting to someone in near mint or better condition. Also if selling make sure to take pictures before you send it. That way you know what the condition of the card you sent out is.
aw so lcs sells 'teambags' at what per? .50/.100? or so? for 1,5,10?

Usually about 2.50 per 100 or so not sure of exact price. Still using the same package I bought a few months ago. But then again I do not sell very often.

(05-27-2012, 11:46 PM)magneto2 Wrote: Usually about 2.50 per 100 or so not sure of exact price. Still using the same package I bought a few months ago. But then again I do not sell very often.
cool, thanks any and all info helps me at this point in the game Smile