`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No love? No wonder no gifts...

RE: No love? No wonder no gifts...
(05-24-2012, 08:21 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Lets be blunt and straight to the point. If you cant "AT LEAST" say thank you in a PM then you are a "A**H*LE. You fill in the blanks lol.

When a "stranger" cares enough to send you something that they obviously put work into for free and you dont even say thanks you are a jerk.

Quote from younglover

"Thanks again to all who have sent me stuff. Your generosity is greatly appreciated".

Is exactly how I feel. My Phins PC would be a lot thinner with out you guys/gals!!!
As little as it may be..... They ALSO paid to ship it to you AND get it to the PO.........

And to all those that are planning on sending me freebies next week, I will be on vacation and unable to send immediate thanks Wink
Currently trying to build 2010 Gridiron Kings
I collect Steve Young, Manny Lawson, Roger Craig and most things Niners.

I always appreciate the time and effort people take to send something. And I always say thanks and send something back.

It just seems the right thing to do!!

(05-24-2012, 04:35 AM)pbean Wrote: +1 Smile
+10000
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

Thanks everyone!
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

That would make me feel like my gift was unappreciated. I don't think it's ever happened to me though. Everyone I send stuff to always shows their thanks. Maybe not a shout out, which is fine, but I always get a PM at the least. That's only right and that's why I'd send them another.

But sometimes people might not say anything because they didn't like what they received. Maybe instead of saying they don't like it, they just say nothing. I don't know. I would say thanks anyway....
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

First I would just like to say thank you Sconns for the fatty you sent, they are waiting for me to get home and tear into with mini me.............if he can hold out another week without opening them. Second I have to agree with Matt and Jacoby, freebie or contest a thanks at the very least is in order. If you can't say thank you to someone who spent their time to send you something then YOU SUCK. As far as the contest goes, no one said you HAD to partake in anything it was your choice to do so and lets be honest the person who had the contest didn't have to do it. From what I've seen I've yet to witness a contest that requires any real work, and most just require you to take a guess, so acting as if it was a big ordeal for you to partake in the contest is crazy. If its so much trouble to partake in then DON'T. If you do then don't be an azz, have enough common courtesy to say thank you if you win. Or how about just thank you for having a contest and allowing all of us a chance at some nice freebie.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

That irks me as well and to be honest prevented me from sending them out altogether (with rare trade freebies as the exception). I use to be a lot more active on the original Beckett site and had a self proclaimed low income collector contact me in hopes of starting a Fred Taylor rc pc.. I literally sent all 40 of his true rc's to said collector for free and never even received as much as a thanks.. Furthermore I ended up picking up the SP Authentic rc I sent him on eBay not even a month later.. Makes ya think twice let me tell you! Luckily this site and the people it seems nowadays are a lot more close knit and the majority of tooles have migrated to other sites or better yet have been banned.

I think it's extremely bad taste without a thank you, I get nuts if I can't say thanks the same day I get it. I also must scan everything but that's just me.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

I completely agree with the op. You dont always need a shoutout, but a simple pm saying thank you to the person who took time to think enough of you to send you a lil some some for free, does go along way. I too have sent out freebies to people and have never received a "thank you." I dont ask for a "thank you" but its jus nice to know that someone appreiciates your thoughtfullness, time & effort to help them out.

And since we're on the subject of Thank you's....

Our very own pbean sent me one of his awesome wooden card holders. Its a die-cut number "4" and it make one fine addition to my beloved Favre pc! Very fine craftsmenship & a thoughtful gift from an awesome member!!

THANK YOU PBEAN!!!! Smile
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**