`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No love? No wonder no gifts...

No love? No wonder no gifts...
Gotta vent, cause I know there's others who have felt the same way...

I can't believe how hard it is for people to say thank you for any gifts that are sent their way. Whether its a duplicate card, a $3 card or a $100 package. Either way, its from someone who cared enough to show ya some love. Yet, the receiver of the package seems to have a hard time showing appreciation. Not everything needs a Shout Out, but I think (and maybe its just me), that a message saying "thanks!" would seem to be in order.

Now I know people will say, its a gift, who cares what happens to it, you gave it away, etc. And I'm understand that...

However, it just shows the type of character that person is, and between good standing members on here, word spreads - so it does go past just the two peeps in my opinion.

Overall, just something to think about. I'll keep on giving gifts, may even have another 1/1 Xmas packages again this year, but I'll definitely be reassuring myself before sending out gifts to members who haven't been on the boards for at least a year and who just talk a lot Tongue

JUMBALYA!
[Image: BeckettBanner.jpg]

Jacquizz PC
Total = (259/354) 73%
Total minus 1/1 = (236/252) 94%

RE: No love? No wonder no gifts...
I couldn't agree more Matt. A simple thank you in a pm, a shout out thread, a mailday thread or hell even posted in a thread you started about a totally different subject goes a long way. I have one freebie package sent and three others in the works right now. I put a lot of time into sending gifts and don't "expect" anything but a thanks does confirm these freebies can and will keep coming.

And I'll take it a step further, I've read numerous times members saying things like there are people who get them all the time and seems like maybe there's "clicks" on here. Well of course there is. I know I'm more prone to send extras in trade/freebies to the same people over and over because those are the grateful ones who do aknowledge a simple freebie all the way up to a high end 1/1 for their pc.

Just my two cents though. No one has to agree.
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

throw contest winners into this argument as well

A little thanks goes a long way!!!!! Smile

I must say all my Birthday Contest winners have been gracious and said thanks!!!!

And I feel guilty if more than a day goes by and I haven't given some kind of thanks for a gift package I recieve!!!!!!

And one more time...............A little thanks goes a long way Big Grin

(05-24-2012, 04:19 AM)ripkenfan72 Wrote: A little thanks goes a long way!!!!! Smile
+1 Smile

(05-23-2012, 11:58 PM)mattfastiggi Wrote: Gotta vent, cause I know there's others who have felt the same way...

I can't believe how hard it is for people to say thank you for any gifts that are sent their way. Whether its a duplicate card, a $3 card or a $100 package. Either way, its from someone who cared enough to show ya some love. Yet, the receiver of the package seems to have a hard time showing appreciation. Not everything needs a Shout Out, but I think (and maybe its just me), that a message saying "thanks!" would seem to be in order.

Now I know people will say, its a gift, who cares what happens to it, you gave it away, etc. And I'm understand that...

However, it just shows the type of character that person is, and between good standing members on here, word spreads - so it does go past just the two peeps in my opinion.

Overall, just something to think about. I'll keep on giving gifts, may even have another 1/1 Xmas packages again this year, but I'll definitely be reassuring myself before sending out gifts to members who haven't been on the boards for at least a year and who just talk a lot Tongue

JUMBALYA!
As someone who is going to be receiving his first freebie in a few days... I think it is rude if the person who sent it to me wasn't thanked.

Kinda like getting a x mas gift or a birthday present.
(05-24-2012, 04:14 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: throw contest winners into this argument as well
Contest winners on the other hand...... I am kinda in disagreement with that. They had to partake in something to win. They was not just given a gift.

Couldn't agree more! Even if it is just a quick PM saying thanks...just something to acknowledge receiving the package. Great thread Matt!
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

I agree....I just sent a couple out and nothing. I don't always know if they got them, but I saw in one of their buckets that they did Smile I have a ton of stuff to send, but honestly if I send with DC it is gonna take some time for me to be able to do that.
I always try to send thanks but the shout out thread doesn't always work due to internet/upload issues. Thanks again to all who have sent me stuff. Your generosity is greatly appreciated Smile
Currently trying to build 2010 Gridiron Kings
I collect Steve Young, Manny Lawson, Roger Craig and most things Niners.

Agree 100% matt. In fact thanks for helping me try to get that Brees /5.
Very cool of you
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127

Lets be blunt and straight to the point. If you cant "AT LEAST" say thank you in a PM then you are a "A**H*LE. You fill in the blanks lol.

When a "stranger" cares enough to send you something that they obviously put work into for free and you dont even say thanks you are a jerk.

Quote from younglover

"Thanks again to all who have sent me stuff. Your generosity is greatly appreciated".

Is exactly how I feel. My Phins PC would be a lot thinner with out you guys/gals!!!
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341