Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GQ '12 Printing Goof / Plate Question

GQ '12 Printing Goof / Plate Question
As a graphic designer / nerd with an eye for this sort of thing -

I noticed that some of the decorative borders printed on the fronts of the GQ '12 cards are a bit pixelated and choppy compared to others

Looks to me like someone plated the job without making sure all the linked artwork was present... or maybe the file they used was lo-res...

Question is - did Topps catch this on press and correct the mistake?

I'm wondering if it's possible to build a set with the correct, smooth borders (or vice versa)

Also wondering if those 1/1 "actual plates" for the cards in question have the pixelated or the smooth art on them.

I can post scans later to better illustrate, if anyone even cares... but check out the border on the front of 91 vs. 96, for example

My 91 has a smooth border compared to my 96...

::: yer killin' me, smalls. :::

For Trade: Allen & Ginter '11 Base + Inserts, Heritage '12 Base, Gypsy Queen '12 Base + Inserts

Wanted: Allen & Ginter '11 Minis, Gypsy Queen '12 Minis

RE: GQ '12 Printing Goof / Plate Question
I have a plate I will look at and get you scans. Also I noticed that the differance in the sp's and regulars have some pixalation differances.

RE: GQ '12 Printing Goof / Plate Question
Awesome! Thanks

I'll get some scans posted this weekend

I have a good bit of doubles that I've been checking, and so far they're consistent, whether they're pixelated or not...

I'm thinking Topps didn't notice or knew and just let it print as is... maybe caught the mistake too late.

(05-03-2012, 07:51 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: I have a plate I will look at and get you scans. Also I noticed that the differance in the sp's and regulars have some pixalation differances.
::: yer killin' me, smalls. :::

For Trade: Allen & Ginter '11 Base + Inserts, Heritage '12 Base, Gypsy Queen '12 Base + Inserts

Wanted: Allen & Ginter '11 Minis, Gypsy Queen '12 Minis