`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bryce Harper Being Called Up Tomorrow

Bryce Harper Being Called Up Tomorrow
Here we go time to find out what this kid is made of....finally!!!

Quote:The Bryce Harper era in Washington is upon us. The Washington Nationals announced in a press conference Friday afternoon that baseball's top prospect has been promoted to the majors, as a corresponding move to Ryan Zimmerman being placed on the disabled list with a shoulder injury.

Harper, 19, has been famous since he was a 15-year-old phenom. He was then the No. 1 overall pick in the 2010 MLB Draft by the Nationals. So far in 2012, Harper was hitting .250/.333/.375 with one homer, three RBI, eight runs and one stolen base in 20 games for Triple-A Syracuse.

The Nationals have some options as to where Harper fits with the big-league club. One thing isn't an option: He'll surely be playing everyday. But where is the question. With Michael Morse still on the shelf, left field is a bit of a hole. Center field -- where Rick Ankiel and Roger Bernadina have been covering -- has long been a hole the Nats wanted to fill, too. When Harper was demoted to the minors in spring training this season, the Nationals said it was so Harper could learn center field. But he's played 12 games in center, six in right and two in left.

RE: Bryce Harper Being Called Up Tomorrow
I'll be watching for sure!

wow I'm kinda surprised....figured they'd wait longer for that whole "super 2" status thing and also because he's struggled at AAA. He didn't even do well at AA!
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

Just added him to my fantasy team! I think he will do just fine. He is only 19 and will continue to get better.

(04-27-2012, 04:25 PM)iconms Wrote: wow I'm kinda surprised....figured they'd wait longer for that whole "super 2" status thing and also because he's struggled at AAA. He didn't even do well at AA!
here's what they say about that on MLB trade rumors:

"Harper's service clock begins now, but the Nationals delayed his debut long enough to postpone his free agency by a full year. Even if Harper sticks in the Major Leagues -- a big 'if' for any 19-year-old -- the Nationals will control his rights through 2018."

"teams can now call up players, even those on 40-man rosters, without losing their rights for the 2018 season. Harper's service clock could stop and start many times over the course of the next few years, but at the moment he projects to become arbitration eligible as a super two following the 2014 season. He projects to go to arbitration four times and hit free agency following the 2018 campaign."

on the MLB network... the GM said that if it doesn't work out, he wont be afraid to send him back down to the minors (kinda like the Angels did to Mike Trout). I don't think Harper will like being sent to the minors, I think he would take that personally (hope he doesn't). I'll be watching the weekend Dodger games for sure now.
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

I dont see him getting much action, if he struggles early hell be sent down pretty quick.

Hell probably just play the field for the Kershaw game and then see some at bats against Billingsley, Capuano

Will certainly be interesting watching it all unfold.
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

why do they call him up and mess with a roster that is playing so well. Did someone get hurt and land on the DL?
Duh...just read the whole thing and answered my own question. I swear wife and kids will kill your brain!
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

Here's the Beckett story. http://www.beckett.com/news/2012/04/nati...-saturday/
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

So far they are saying he'll play every day in LF but my thinking is he'll be sent back down once Zimmerman comes off the DL in a couple of weeks unless he just goes bonkers.