`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grading and Trading, I keep getting screwed

RE: Grading and Trading, I keep getting screwed
(04-25-2012, 11:50 AM)tha penguin Wrote: All I gotta say is that Dean's grading system isn't all that tough... lol
Agreed Smile

Someone i trust said to never buy vintage cards online because mint condition is very rare and almost everyone has one in VG. Now i believe him! I bought a mint Coffey RC and it was really VG. Instead of being worth $100 i can't even sell it for $40. what a rip-off!

(05-11-2012, 12:38 AM)dan_dou_lea Wrote: Someone i trust said to never buy vintage cards online because mint condition is very rare and almost everyone has one in VG. Now i believe him! I bought a mint Coffey RC and it was really VG. Instead of being worth $100 i can't even sell it for $40. what a rip-off!
guys you gotta be really picky when buying vintage online and put enormous amounts of research time to get the cards we all want.
im pretty sure tony'll tell ya after our trade that i under grade every card i own pre 90's to stay competitive and due to the huge influx of bad grading opinions out there by sellers. my best advice is ask for scans through emails, ask questions/history of card/how was it stored ect, i spent 5k in 3 weeks over the winter and managed to
get screwed only twice. long story short ASK QUESTIONS and dont rush into a buy because you think its not going to be available again.
i often buy vintage cards (online) and turn 100% profit after being graded.

(05-11-2012, 01:08 AM)705-janveaux Wrote: guys you gotta be really picky when buying vintage online and put enormous amounts of research time to get the cards we all want.
im pretty sure tony'll tell ya after our trade that i under grade every card i own pre 90's to stay competitive and due to the huge influx of bad grading opinions out there by sellers. my best advice is ask for scans through emails, ask questions/history of card/how was it stored ect, i spent 5k in 3 weeks over the winter and managed to
get screwed only twice. long story short ASK QUESTIONS and dont rush into a buy because you think its not going to be available again.
i often buy vintage cards (online) and turn 100% profit after being graded.
That's some sound advice and definitely the path I'm on. dan_dou_lea, I'm sorry that happened to you and hopefully that doesn't happen again. I have certainly made some really good trades and purchases. janveauxs' def being a recent highlight.

I thought I might add this. A grade either way is def acceptable in my books (nobody is perfect). For example. If I received in the past a vg when the card is marked a vg-ex I would be happy. But marking cards and NmMt or NrMt when they are Ex is unacceptable.