`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Cedrick Maxwell admits: the Celtics in the 80's paid bounties to hurt other guys

Cedrick Maxwell admits: the Celtics in the 80's paid bounties to hurt other guys
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/03/05/ce...n-the-nba/

in an admission that doesnt shock anyone that watched the NBA in the 80's, the Celtics paid bounties

the 80's Celtics, who have long been known as one of the dirtiest teams in NBA history among those who played in that era, didnt even have to pay players much to hurt other guys. in fact, they would do it for... 10 dollars

Bad Boys might have had the rep, but ask the players from that era: ask the rockets, or philly, or lakers, or portland or any number of teams that had to put up with danny ainge sticking his knee into the lane when someone was driving, or got sucker punched by the Cheif, or dealt with larry bird and his elbow fetish, or kevin mchale's stinky armpit maneuver (that one is a joke, but honestly, him shooting free throws, and that Sasquatch hair growing there? just nasty)

RE: Cedrick Maxwell admits: the Celtics in the 80's paid bounties to hurt other guys
More evidence that Boston Garden was/is/and never will be a fairly officiated venue for teams playing against the Celtics.
[Image: ewing_zps7sp6k1o0.png]

RE: Cedrick Maxwell admits: the Celtics in the 80's paid bounties to hurt other guys
It would be difficult for people who really follow sports to say they do not think this happens. I do wonder what inflation (of dollars and egos) has done to the $10 mark over the years. Do you think it followed the same rate as salaries, or is it higher because fines and suspensions may be involved more today?

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Big Grin "Dealt with Larry Bird and his elbow fetish!" Big Grin
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

With all the allegations against the Saints, it doesn't surprise me to know that some teams in the NBA did this too. Wow, 10 bucks to now what, 1500 ish?

I would be a idiot to do this for that such a low price. Think about it, take a guy out for 1500 bucks only to get suspended and fined for 25, 000 or more. Umm, no thanks, keep your money $...lol

On a borderline-related note, I have Maxwell's 09-10 Court Kings boxtopper auto /75 if anybody's interested :-D
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(03-05-2012, 09:03 PM)buckunteer Wrote: On a borderline-related note, I have Maxwell's 09-10 Court Kings boxtopper auto /75 if anybody's interested :-D
only if it is inscribed "quack quackquack"

Makes me wonder about those 80's-90's Pistons.

(03-05-2012, 11:31 PM)creativemunky Wrote: Makes me wonder about those 80's-90's Pistons.
see, the pistons werent a dirty team. they were tough, but not dirty. rick mahorn NEVER sucker punched anyone - he stepped to you like a man if you put a piston on the floor, looked you in the eye, and then enforced the law

and that's the way it should happen

John Stockton was the dirtiest player in the NBA during the late 80s-early 90s. He was also the best at getting away with it.