`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The tale of two packages today.

RE: The tale of two packages today.
(02-27-2012, 11:00 PM)bruinsfan08 Wrote: I see what you mean, of course, and have no problem letting Panini or any other company have it when they're dropping the ball. I was just commenting that the span of time between the signings and the mail-out may have been because of his parents having to send the stickers back instead of Vasyunov, rather than Panini just sucking at redemptions.

Believe me, I wasn't assuming that you were being insensitive or anything, it was just the way I worded it that may have seemed as such. I meant that it would be a touchy assumption, and could be perceived as being in poor taste because of the tragedy surrounding it.

For the record, I've got three healthy boys that hopefully stay that way, and fortunately haven't had to endure that kind of loss personally. I was commenting on the kid pictured, not my own, and the chance that his parents were preoccupied with the whole sad story, and couldn't fulfill his obligations right away.

I wouldn't make an assumption either way, it may very well have just been Panini dropping the ball, that certainly seems more likely considering some of the horror stories coming out about their redemption services, but the possibility is there in this rare case that it may have been because of his death that things got tied up on his side of the pond, know what I mean?

This is one case in which I wouldn't presume anything one way or another, because the possibility is there, that's all.

As far as your heart goes, stopping for 11 minutes is insane! Glad it finally got back into gear, it's never cool to hear that kind of story unless the outcome is positive, so stick around with us a bit longer!
Cheers and no worries, appreciate the kind words man.

That Gretzky is wicked! Congrats on that one!

This topic got a bit emotional quickly, huh? I feel for the parents of Mr. Vasyunov, and am quite familiar with how they feel. They lost a fantastic part of their lives, and the hockey world lost a rising star. It's tough all around. I am sorry to hear about your difficulties in the past, rippinwax, and as Chris said, glad to see that you are still around, and we all hope that it stays that way! Thanks for sharing the cards, and story!

Randi

Nice Gretzky!!!! As for the Vasyunov auto. I received my redemption for him almost a year ago. Mine mailed from Panini on April 12th. So my feeling is Panini probably just had the card sitting around and finally got to your request and sent it. It's very sad what happened to him and the rest of his team. I think like Chris(bruinsfan08) stated Panini just dropped the ball on getting your redemption out in a timely manner.
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!