Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: The tale of two packages today.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So very stoked when Fed. Ex. truck showed up today asking for a signature for this:

[Image: Gretzky.jpg]

Very nice.

Then I get the mail and this is in there. Really cannot understand how this is sent out in February when the poor fellow passed away in September. Why would it not have been shipped out if it just sitting there? Good old Panini!!!!!

[Image: Vasy.jpg]
(02-27-2012, 07:20 PM)rippinwax Wrote: [ -> ][Image: Vasy.jpg]
Um... What is the auto supposed to say ?
He doesn't even have a B in his name....
nice Great one and agree with TLJR above
Maybe he signed in Russian? haha No clue
He did indeed. His last name in Russian: Васю́нов
He did sign in Russian. Samsonov and Khabibulin do the same thing. His autos could have been sitting in his house somewhere ready to go back, but clearly it wasn't meant to be. If that's the case, I'm sure his parents have a little more to think about than the speedy return of his cards, you know, what with having a dead son and all. While I'm all for giving the card companies what for when it's deserved, without knowing for sure, it may be in poor taste to jump to that kind of conclusion.

Sweet Gretzky though, I love the look of his auto.
(02-27-2012, 07:54 PM)tha penguin Wrote: [ -> ]He did indeed. His last name in Russian: Васю́нов
Yeah I kinda figured it must of been his native language. That is why I asked what it was supposed to say Big Grin

Kinda like the idea of players doing that.
(02-27-2012, 07:56 PM)bruinsfan08 Wrote: [ -> ]He did sign in Russian. Samsonov and Khabibulin do the same thing. His autos could have been sitting in his house somewhere ready to go back, but clearly it wasn't meant to be. If that's the case, I'm sure his parents have a little more to think about than the speedy return of his cards, you know, what with having a dead son and all. While I'm all for giving the card companies what for when it's deserved, without knowing for sure, it may be in poor taste to jump to that kind of conclusion.

Sweet Gretzky though, I love the look of his auto.
Dude in no way did I disrespect him or his family in my post. I do not think it is fair for you to assume that his stickers were sitting in his house either. I was strictly pointing out my frustration with Panini. You may have a point about the stickers sitting somewhere though. Sorry to hear about the loss of your son, I am not familiar with the story. I almost passed away a year and a half ago as my heart stopped for 11 minutes, so please undertsand and I know where you are coming from. Take care.
(02-27-2012, 08:18 PM)rippinwax Wrote: [ -> ]Dude in no way did I disrespect him or his family in my post. I do not think it is fair for you to assume that his stickers were sitting in his house either. I was strictly pointing out my frustration with Panini. You may have a point about the stickers sitting somewhere though. Sorry to hear about the loss of your son, I am not familiar with the story. I almost passed away a year and a half ago as my heart stopped for 11 minutes, so please undertsand and I know where you are coming from. Take care.
My read on Bruins response was he was commenting on Panini's lack of taste.
That might be me though.
(02-27-2012, 08:18 PM)rippinwax Wrote: [ -> ]Dude in no way did I disrespect him or his family in my post. I do not think it is fair for you to assume that his stickers were sitting in his house either. I was strictly pointing out my frustration with Panini. You may have a point about the stickers sitting somewhere though. Sorry to hear about the loss of your son, I am not familiar with the story. I almost passed away a year and a half ago as my heart stopped for 11 minutes, so please undertsand and I know where you are coming from. Take care.
I see what you mean, of course, and have no problem letting Panini or any other company have it when they're dropping the ball. I was just commenting that the span of time between the signings and the mail-out may have been because of his parents having to send the stickers back instead of Vasyunov, rather than Panini just sucking at redemptions.

Believe me, I wasn't assuming that you were being insensitive or anything, it was just the way I worded it that may have seemed as such. I meant that it would be a touchy assumption, and could be perceived as being in poor taste because of the tragedy surrounding it.

For the record, I've got three healthy boys that hopefully stay that way, and fortunately haven't had to endure that kind of loss personally. I was commenting on the kid pictured, not my own, and the chance that his parents were preoccupied with the whole sad story, and couldn't fulfill his obligations right away.

I wouldn't make an assumption either way, it may very well have just been Panini dropping the ball, that certainly seems more likely considering some of the horror stories coming out about their redemption services, but the possibility is there in this rare case that it may have been because of his death that things got tied up on his side of the pond, know what I mean?

This is one case in which I wouldn't presume anything one way or another, because the possibility is there, that's all.

As far as your heart goes, stopping for 11 minutes is insane! Glad it finally got back into gear, it's never cool to hear that kind of story unless the outcome is positive, so stick around with us a bit longer!
Pages: 1 2