`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Out of the Ordinary Baseball Feats

RE: Out of the Ordinary Baseball Feats
Thanks to everyone for all the great stories and posts here.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

My favorite game I watched in person was 24 June 2009 Yankees VS Braves at Turner Field. I remember in the first Jeter went to steal second and McCann overthrew it and Jeter took third. Then when Joba went to bat he hit a line drive into the opposing pitcher's neck. Later in the game Gardner was called out and Giardi went to argue and ask to be thrown out. The umps were more than happy to comply. The next at bat was Cervelli and he hit his first home run which started a Yankees rally which we finally did win!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

I was at the Blue Jays game on September 25, 2003 when Carlos Delgado hit 4 home runs. I'd never been at a game where a guy hit more than 2 home runs, so seeing Delgado launch off 4 times was awesome!!

I watched many amazing Rays plays last year on TV. From the final amazing game, Matt Moore's pitching, the triple play Longoria started, Sam Fuld's amazing catches to Fuld's amazing game winning run one evening. The last week was truly amazing to watch.

In person, last year I attended a single A game of the Ft. Myers Miracle (Twins affiliate) and watched their CF Aaron Hicks just gun down a base runner trying to tag up with just an absolutely amazing throw. Had just a canon of an arm. Was made even better when the 3rd baseman threw me the ball on his way to the dugout. Icing on the cake was after the game I was able to get him to sign it! It was just one of those plays that left you speechless like how did he just do that. The ball didn't need a bounce or anything, threw it straight to where the 3rd baseman had set up his glove about chest high with incredible velocity. Saw him do it again another night as well, this time throwing someone out at home. His defense is there, now if only he can get his bat to come around.

I was always an average player but I only hit singles and doubles or walked, my best feat was hitting a cycle in 1 game and also having 0 errors at first.
[Image: bannerfans_3335696.jpg]
Looking for Phillies old and new. Autos/GU

I was at the Stadium for Jeter's 3000th hit. I took a picture exactly at the time the ball hit the bat. I've never heard a louder crowd.

And I can't hold my tongue on this one, but I would have to say my own 380 ft home run during a try out with the Devil Rays...more than a few years ago. No call back of course, but it was still cool.