`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Out of the Ordinary Baseball Feats

Out of the Ordinary Baseball Feats
I'm starting this thread to post unique feats you may have witnessed, live or on TV, pro or amateur.

Not my first choice of story in getting this started, but I was sitting in the very upper deck close to home plate when Reggie Jackson hit his three HR's in the '77 World Series and I was not impressed, being a Red Sox fan back then. Of course, it's pretty impressive in retrospect and out of the ordinary until Pujols crushed his three against the team I now follow in my backyard, the Rangers.

The story I really had in mind though, before being trumped by Reggie, is related to Dave King Kong Kingman. During his very brief 8-game stint with the Yankees in '77, Kingman pullled a foul ball on a trajectory between home and third, over the upper deck facade at Yankee Stadium and completely OUT of the stadium qualifying as a tape measure foul ball. As I watched on TV, the replay showed the ball easily clearing the top. He was probably too far out in front of a change-up but I have yet to see a foul ball of that caliber.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

RE: Out of the Ordinary Baseball Feats
I went to a summer college wood bat league game near where I live a few years back and seen a 4-6-3 triple play. It was pulled against the home team and no replay but it was pretty awesome to see a triple play in person.

some guy threw a no hitter against my college team one day, fortunately I sat out that day sick lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

My gfs first five baseball games ever. Braves v yanks, chris tillman throws no no v gwinnett braves, first time strasburg pitched in atlanta, braves v giants nlds, and opening day the next year.
I collect current Braves and Braves Prospects Autograph, Memorabilia, First Year and Rookie Cards.

Don't Click Here.

[Image: 5WSGR.png]

On TV I have witnessed quite a few no hitters. Two things really stand out for me though and neither is in baseball. I watched Tiger Woods use a 3 wood to putt fron the fringe over a sloped green and down to the hole one time in the Masters. You had to see it. Then I witnessed the crash that killed Dale Earnhardt. Those two moments stand out in my mind as sports moments I will never forget.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

I play softball yearly and one night while at bat, I swung at the pitch hitting it high into the air ending up into the third basemen's glove for the out. The funny/weird/ and kinda cool thing actually was that my Worth bat shattered in pieces. lol It had a sleeve around the barrel which broke and the tip of the bat came apart as well. It wasn't a Walmart bat by any means and it wasn't a real expensive one either. It was around 150-200 dollar range.

(02-17-2012, 10:11 AM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: I play softball yearly and one night while at bat, I swung at the pitch hitting it high into the air ending up into the third basemen's glove for the out. The funny/weird/ and kinda cool thing actually was that my Worth bat shattered in pieces. lol It had a sleeve around the barrel which broke and the tip of the bat came apart as well. It wasn't a Walmart bat by any means and it wasn't a real expensive one either. It was around 150-200 dollar range.
I haven't seen one shatter. A guy on one of my teams had just bought a new demarini (sp?) though. The first time he used it, he hit a liner to left center and knocked about two inches of the end of the bat off. The bat looked like someone had perfectly sawed off the end of the bat with a hacksaw. Never seen anything like that before.
[Image: chipper.jpg]

Collect Atlanta Braves cards/memorabilia. Chipper Jones and ROY autographs (107/130). Currently looking for 2004 Donruss Elite Passing the Torch cards of Chipper Jones, Dale Murphy, or both that I need.

(02-17-2012, 10:11 AM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: I play softball yearly and one night while at bat, I swung at the pitch hitting it high into the air ending up into the third basemen's glove for the out. The funny/weird/ and kinda cool thing actually was that my Worth bat shattered in pieces. lol It had a sleeve around the barrel which broke and the tip of the bat came apart as well. It wasn't a Walmart bat by any means and it wasn't a real expensive one either. It was around 150-200 dollar range.
wow thats is pretty weird. Ive played softball for like 7 or 8 years (im 31 now so i started early lol) and Ive never seen that happen.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Manny making a great running catch, high-fiving a fan in the stands, and then doubling the guy at first off.
[Image: amazontmsc.jpg]

I once saw the best catch I've ever seen at a Myrtle Beach Pelicans game back in 03 or 04 by Gregor Blanco. He was playing center and dove straight back next the wall with the ball coming straight over his head and made the catch fully extended and laid out. I've seen plenty to the side laid out catches but none straight on behind the player. I think in the same game McCann hit a HR over the players clubhouse that would of been a monster shot at any ML ballpark. I really miss the Braves having a minor league team so close to me (less than an hour away). I've yet to go since they changed to a Rangers afiliate but might take my daughter to a game this year.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.