`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What do you want in a LCS??

RE: What do you want in a LCS??
My local LCS is actually pretty organized. He's got binders labeled by teams, rookies, players, etc. It's kind of nice. rob mentioned the wheel with prizes, which my LCS has, but he also gives kids packs of cards if they bring in their current report card. He gives them 1 pack/A on the report card. It's pretty cool IMO.

(02-16-2012, 12:25 PM)motu79 Wrote: My local LCS is actually pretty organized. He's got binders labeled by teams, rookies, players, etc. It's kind of nice. rob mentioned the wheel with prizes, which my LCS has, but he also gives kids packs of cards if they bring in their current report card. He gives them 1 pack/A on the report card. It's pretty cool IMO.
We do that but not many people know of that program that topps came up with...its started years back and we maybe get a few kids each year
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

ORGANIZATION!

One thing I hated about my LCSs (now long gone) was basketball, football, baseball and hockey cards all in the same box. I only collect baseball and I would give up searching through boxes that were full of other sports. I'd have 20 minutes on a lunch break and I'd want to get right to the stuff I collect and not weed through his other stuff. Being a player collector I also would appreciate it if the owner took the time to separate his cards by player.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(02-16-2012, 12:50 PM)zeprock Wrote: ORGANIZATION!

One thing I hated about my LCSs (now long gone) was basketball, football, baseball and hockey cards all in the same box. I only collect baseball and I would give up searching through boxes that were full of other sports. I'd have 20 minutes on a lunch break and I'd want to get right to the stuff I collect and not weed through his other stuff. Being a player collector I also would appreciate it if the owner took the time to separate his cards by player.
Were going to do that for stars and HOFers. Its impossible to have all the scrubs sorted out too but they will at the least be by sport.

My lcs gives one ticket out for every 10 dollars you spend, at the end of the week he pulls one winning ticket number, and that person wins a 20$ giftcard, but they have to come into the shop to see if they have the winning ticket. Good way to get people coming back into the store.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

(02-16-2012, 12:57 PM)Krangry Wrote: My lcs gives one ticket out for every 10 dollars you spend, at the end of the week he pulls one winning ticket number, and that person wins a 20$ giftcard, but they have to come into the shop to see if they have the winning ticket. Good way to get people coming back into the store.
Yeah thats a pretty good promo...I also have though that with the purchase of any wax youll get a supply credit.

i would just like to have an LCS i have to drive an hour and a half to dallas just to visit one lol. However if I did have one I would like a sitting area stocked with toploaders and team bags so I could just relax and open boxes and put them in cases.
[Image: jonathancard.png]

well youll wanna stop by our new shop! haha cause were prob gonna have a couch and chairs. And were already stocked with supplies

I am a player collector and set builder. So I like the "stars" sorted out and I like the common boxes for set collecting, which my LCS (30 miles away) does not have. If you have other employees make sure they enjoy the hobby also, don't just employ the local teenagers. A good selection of supplies. Even if the supplies are priced higher it is easier to pickup 2 monster boxes than ordering a bundle of 25 online.
[Image: Sig.png]

(02-16-2012, 01:54 PM)ty_slocumb Wrote: I am a player collector and set builder. So I like the "stars" sorted out and I like the common boxes for set collecting, which my LCS (30 miles away) does not have. If you have other employees make sure they enjoy the hobby also, don't just employ the local teenagers. A good selection of supplies. Even if the supplies are priced higher it is easier to pickup 2 monster boxes than ordering a bundle of 25 online.
Honestly I think thats our best part...we have alot of supplies and they are priced very fairly. As far as employees its just me and my dad and the occasional help from people when we do a long distance show or something. As we continue to grow our ebay store though im sure were going to have to hire someone to do shipping and listing new stuff. I need a group of people to come in and sort all my stuff haha.