`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your Holy Grail?

RE: What is your Holy Grail?
(06-27-2019, 09:56 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I respect your opinion. I think the fact that I am one of the very few that DO NOT own a 2011 Topps Update Trout card (in fact, no 2011 Topps Update cards) influences my opinion that most people are caught up in the hype versus actual performance.

I also laugh when I hear people say "he will be the next Vlad Jr.", when clearly he has done nothing yet. So, we shall see what happens in the future with Mr. LA.
I completely agree regarding Vlad Jr. Granted he's only 20, but so far, I think the hype is way overblown on him, and its really not fair to Vlad Jr either. Trout, and most great players for that matter, arent mega stars right out of the gate. Pete Alonso may disagree with me, but I digress. LOL!!

The market speculation in baseball cards fascinates me.

I too am one of the few that doesnt have a 2011 Topps Update Trout RC. I still think its value has room to grow, so Im hopeful that I'll eventually find someone to wheel and deal with me for one!

Trout is really the only baseball guy I collect these days, so I guess it would have to be the 2009 Bowman Chrome auto.

But given the current price tag on a raw copy, much less how much the graded versions are, I'm going to have to assume I will never own one.

I did pick up the reprint that Topps put out in a Sterling product a few years ago (2014, maybe?)

That way I at least have a copy so that I can see what the original back said and what not.

(02-14-2012, 07:42 PM)jerodc10 Wrote: For me it would be the Passing the Torch Dual Auto card of Derek Jeter and Ozzie Smith. I have been wanting that card for nearly 15 years now.
I have this card sorry no double though or I would sell you my double. I have to say this is my favorite Autograph I own of Jeter in his 90's cards now though. You just don't see this often to the fact only 2 have been graded 1 by PSA and 1 by BGS.

Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

My most expensive cards is an autographed Perez-Steel HOF Postcards by Joe DiMaggio with Mantle and Williams just behind that card in terms of Beckett Value.

I have several tobacco cards of a relative, Jack Pfiester, who pitched for the turn of the century Cubs teams and had one of the lowest ERA's ever in 1907!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

My (almost complete) T206 set. I have been collecting it since 1989 and am 27 cards away!! In fact, I just posted a question I am hoping someone can assist me with in regard to the number of cards within the set (noting variations, et al.).
...my "Holy Grail" Smile

(02-12-2012, 02:30 AM)dbroockerd Wrote: Someone else's thread prompted me to wonder "What is everyone's Holy Grail and have you acquired it yet."

My definition of the Holy Grail is the card you will always wanna own, no matter what your eyes are always on this card and its your PC goal to own it. You only get to pick one.

Let me know what it is and if you own it, give some details on how you acquired it and a price if you wanna share is cool too.

For me it is the 1992 Super DK of Frank Thomas. I blew a shot at this for $27 in January, a steal. The cheap O'Connel and Sons Inc is a close second but due to its cheap tag it can't make my top spot because I know I will own it one day if I ever see it again (it sells cheap).

My (almost complete T206 set. I have been collecting it since 1989 and am 27 cards away!! In fact, I just posted a question I am hoping someone can assist me with in regard to the number of cards within the set (noting variations, et al.).
...my "Holy Grail" Smile

Check your threads that you posted. I provided responses.

(10-21-2019, 11:34 AM)ffimarriott Wrote: My (almost complete) T206 set. I have been collecting it since 1989 and am 27 cards away!! In fact, I just posted a question I am hoping someone can assist me with in regard to the number of cards within the set (noting variations, et al.).
...my "Holy Grail" Smile

My (almost complete T206 set. I have been collecting it since 1989 and am 27 cards away!! In fact, I just posted a question I am hoping someone can assist me with in regard to the number of cards within the set (noting variations, et al.).
...my "Holy Grail" Smile

Will do; thanks!!