`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your Holy Grail?

What is your Holy Grail?
Someone else's thread prompted me to wonder "What is everyone's Holy Grail and have you acquired it yet."

My definition of the Holy Grail is the card you will always wanna own, no matter what your eyes are always on this card and its your PC goal to own it. You only get to pick one.

Let me know what it is and if you own it, give some details on how you acquired it and a price if you wanna share is cool too.

For me it is the 1992 Super DK of Frank Thomas. I blew a shot at this for $27 in January, a steal. The cheap O'Connel and Sons Inc is a close second but due to its cheap tag it can't make my top spot because I know I will own it one day if I ever see it again (it sells cheap).
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

RE: What is your Holy Grail?
A Gem Mint 1979 Topps Ozzie Smith. PSA has graded 4,636, and only 4 have been graded Gem. I've never seen even a picture of one with perfect centering. I wouldn't be able to afford one if I found it, the 9's go for 500 bucks or so.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

As mentioned in the other post I am going to go with the 1996 Select Certifed Mirror Gold Derek Jeter card. I have not aquired it yet but one day I will.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

My first Holy Grail was the Clemente rookie. I got the card a few years ago. I do have a few now in my list. A Gehrig or Ruth '33 Goudey. Of course, the condition won't be the best, but will like to own one. There are a few Tobacco cards that I will like too, but have to keep it real.

The E90-1 American Caramel Joe Jackson. For me, that is THE card I would love to own. I doubt it will ever happen though, unless I win Powerball/MegaMillions or something.
[Image: Item_18294_1.jpg]

For realities sake, I'd like to obtain the T206 portraits of Christy Mathewson and Mordecai "Three Finger" Brown.

My Holy Grail? There is a Legendary Cuts 1/1 out there that has autos of four of the first inductees in to the Hall of Fame - Ruth, Cobb, Matthewson, and Johnson I think (no Ty Cobb), but the one below will do also, but alas, it is not in my PC, nor would it be marked FT if I listed it in my Organize!

[Image: 1.jpg]
Collecting:
Matt Kemp AUTOS
Dodger GU & AUTO
2009 Ultimate or Legendary Collection Quad / Auto - ALL
Mantle cards
2001 Fleer Greats of the Game AUTO 92/94 - 97.8% complete - missing Stargell Redemption Card and Mays SP
National League Rookie of the Year - GU, Auto, RC
____

This is my most prized PC item:

[Image: cobb1-1.jpg]

Holy grail would to me be the one most unattainable item you would want for your collection and won't probably ever be able to get

For me in shear value it would be a high grade 7+ copy of Eddie Mathews RC as it books raw Near Mint at 10k
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

Right now mine is cheap also. 1990 Topps buyback David Justice. only seen 2 in the last 2 years and missed out on both. Really like the look of the card and knew I had to have one for my collection the first time I saw it.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

(02-12-2012, 11:04 AM)bryandavidknight Wrote: Right now mine is cheap also. 1990 Topps buyback David Justice. only seen 2 in the last 2 years and missed out on both. Really like the look of the card and knew I had to have one for my collection the first time I saw it.
Is this the card?
[Image: 2004-topps-originals-01-front.jpg]
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html