`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest problem with e-Bay, some perspective

RE: Biggest problem with e-Bay, some perspective
(02-03-2012, 03:59 PM)all day baby Wrote: I understand what you are saying, but I'm not sure I completely agree with it. If I get a PWE, no matter what the condition, I automatically drop the number of stars down. SOMEONE is gonna get a damaged card. You have to correct bad behavior. Additionally, I give a week to receive a card I've bought. Anything longer, loses stars depending on how much over a week. It is his responsibility to get it to me in a timely fashion.

If you do nothing, then the seller will think he is doing the right things. If you pop him a negative, then perhaps he will try to fix the problem.
If the seller does not claim it will come in a bubble mailer. You are Assuming.
Yes the seller is wrong for the PWE IF they charge the appropriate amount for a bubble mailer.

But really...... I have seen sellers sell stuff for 10 cents !!!!!!!! (With free shipping)
I bet you would expect a bubble mailer for THAT auction. Go ahead sell at that price. loose money with ebay and pp fees. and the price of mailers and shipping.

(02-03-2012, 04:52 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: I agree AND disagree with your post.

I agree because as long as the card gets to me without damage and in an acceptable amount of time (2 weeks or less), I will leave positive feedback. I paid for a card in a certain condition, it arrived in that condition, I don't care how you went about it. If you packaged it between the blades of scissors and it arrives to me untouched, I don't care. I will most likely not buy from you again, but I will leave positive feedback because you fulfilled what I had paid you to do. (The bare minimum, but still)

HOWEVER, I can also see people getting upset over it. You are a SELLER. That is part of customer service. What do you think would happen to Samsung's sales if they stopped putting styrofoam around their TVs when they were being packaged? Even if no TV was ever damaged, people would rage! It shows YOUR customer that you don't care enough to take every precaution to make sure it gets there unharmed. You're basically saying "I got your money, I no longer care."

Whether or not I get my card in satisfactory condition within a satisfactory amount of time is what will determine your feedback. How it's packaged, communication, and anything else that could be considered customer service will determine whether or not I ever buy from you again.
I have a couple problems with your second paragraph. If Samsung stopped using Styrofoam but none of their TVs ever got damaged, what in the world is there to complain about? It's saying, These packages don't need styrofoam so we aren't going to include it.

And there's a difference between selling on the side in eBay and being a multi million dollar company.
(02-03-2012, 04:41 PM)all day baby Wrote: You got lucky. Cards shipped like you describe slide out of their penny sleeves and stick to the tape. That many cards taped between 2 toploaders can get pinched if the tape is too close. Buy large toploaders and put the sleeved cards in them, and don't tape them shut. Use a team bag.

As far as your comment about being blacklisted on eBay... I have bought plenty from previous sellers, even after giving them a ding on shipping.

I guess I value my cards more than you do.
I shipped hundreds, maybe close to a thousand of those packages and zero damage. What I was doing was working, which is why I did it.

And I value my cards. That's EXACTLY what this is about. My cards came UNDAMAGED. That = happy.

Your problem is, you value someone else's shipping and packaging methods too much when you should be worrying about the cards themselves.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

I think the biggest thing is the job. It is much easier for me to package everything up on Saturday and ship cards on Saturday than to do it every day. I guess as a collector I really don't care if a card takes 7-10 days to get to me. I'm in absolutely no rush to get my cards. But I know not everyone is the same.
My Main PC Objectives

1) Redskins Base RC Autos (Non Letters) - 164/281
2) Redskins Base RC Autos (Letters) - 13/76
3) RG3 Base RCs - 24/33
4) Devin Thomas
5) Joe Theismann Autos (skins only) - 16