`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Would you watch?

RE: OT: Would you watch?
(01-31-2012, 04:51 PM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: Plus there are always going to be "Road" segments where the dealer goes to the collections and buys from peoples houses / storage lockers or where ever the collections are stored... would probably have to branch out to the "whole sports collectable" market but you can keep the core show around the "Main Shop" cast of characters...and like chad said you can see all the crackheads walk in with commons and thing they are going to get rich off em !
dude im telling you if I filmed our shop for a week we would get 30 minutes of hilarious footage...this one time a bigger lady came in and said hello I have a walter payton rookie card for sale. I said okay let me take a look..The card was IMO a 5 or 6. A psa graded 5 sells for 100 or less. I told here I was going to sell it for $75 and id pay her $50. She said no no no you are going to give me $3600 for this here walter payton rookie card that my daddy told me was the reason I didnt get to go to college because he bought it...

Okay you cant even make that story up! Thats the kind of stuff that happens at my shop on a weekly basis...for those of you who want to open a shop to bs sports and provide cards to collectors realize you gotta deal with the "Crazies" I call em...about 90% of the people who call you or come in to sell are the following:
1. A crackhead needing a fix
2. A heroine addict needing a fix
3. Somebody needing to pay a bill (But you still think they want drugs)
4. Someone who thinks their stuff is priceless (Because they are on drugs)
5. Someone who expects to get what they paid.

It is an ever continuing headache haha
Its probably closer to 99%...but that small % are very nice people to deal with and understand business and overhead or were just left the cards and could care less about them.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

yup... or they committed a b&e and need to sell their loot... Ive seen it all too... I worked in a card shop for around 8 years... The owner gave me permission to buy cards for myself when they walked in the door.... I will tell you there are some people who are CRAZY and the scripts will write themselves!

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(01-31-2012, 05:36 PM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: yup... or they committed a b&e and need to sell their loot... Ive seen it all too... I worked in a card shop for around 8 years... The owner gave me permission to buy cards for myself when they walked in the door.... I will tell you there are some people who are CRAZY and the scripts will write themselves!
very much so!!! hah

How many LCS had people wanting to sell their valuable cards from late 80's early 90's? The stories would be tremendous. Mike Wolfe from American Pickers line after going on a bad pick "One man's junk is just that junk."
Supercollector of Owen Daniels, Cat Osterman and Arsenal FC

(01-31-2012, 05:57 PM)OD_81_Texan Wrote: How many LCS had people wanting to sell their valuable cards from late 80's early 90's? The stories would be tremendous. Mike Wolfe from American Pickers line after going on a bad pick "One man's junk is just that junk."
And its true...the people who think there stuff is awesome it usually is not...its the modest people who come in who have the gold mines. Like all the t206s I bought the guy called and said I have some tobacco cards for sale. That was it ha

I think its an awesome idea. Not only show the shops but maybe have some product reviews or what to watch out for when buying (because we all know 100% of the cards on feebay are legit, right?). I think it would grow the industry and you might even get a few card companies to sponsor it.
[Image: steelers.jpg]

(01-31-2012, 06:26 PM)jeremy0998 Wrote: I think its an awesome idea. Not only show the shops but maybe have some product reviews or what to watch out for when buying (because we all know 100% of the cards on feebay are legit, right?). I think it would grow the industry and you might even get a few card companies to sponsor it.
That was another idea I had...have like topps and panini produce it and then they could get some adds...I cant say Ive ever seen a commercial for cards

Check these out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta1A7MJmj8M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdtwdCwF9...re=related

this ones a stretch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYgtxkhu4GI

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

those are all horrible haha

(01-31-2012, 04:23 PM)Sajman01 Wrote: I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it.

They already have a show about card collecting out and it's going to air in the Spring. Let me see if I can find you a link.
How funny is it that my father-in-law just called me and told me that an episode of that show is airing tonight on the Discovery Channel at 8 pm EST. He's 62 years old and collects cards like an excited kid. If I only had a tenth of the cards he has I would be happy!
[Image: steelers.jpg]