`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I complain or just eat it?

Should I complain or just eat it?
Ive been on the fence today whether to contact an eBay seller about a damaged package I received today. The truth is if they packaged the cards a little better I doubt there wouldve been damage but its also true if the package didnt get ran over by a tank lol there wouldnt have been damage either.

They packaged the cards by what I call a top loader sandwich. One on the top and one on the bottom and the cards in between, sleeved and then taped down. No team bag thought. They wouldve arrived safely if the bubble mailer didnt take such a rough punishment lol. Its not like the seller didnt package them with care its just they are damaged now. Over $50 in b/v as well.

So what should I do?

Side note: The ones I needed got damaged lol. Yeah they are JTs as well.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

RE: Should I complain or just eat it?
Top loader sandwich......
2nd most hated form of sending stuff. One being just about every ones most hated PWE'S or taped up top loaders.
Or I even hate the taped up snap cases......

Either way. If you go by Ebays TOS. It is the sellers job to make sure it gets to YOU in the shape you bought it. How big was the card ?

I cannot stand cards shipped in anything but their OWN top loader, screwdowns or mags.... I HATE top loader sandwiches.... AND I CANNOT STAND SNAP CASES for shipping..... granted its not the sellers fault the package was damaged but I would go as far as saying it is his fault for the damaged cards.... If he put them each in their own top loaders would the cards have gotten damaged? probably not .... so i guess I would complain to paypal ... get a refund and return the cards.... I go as far as contacting the seller and request that they use individual packaging for each card and I am even willing to pay extra shipping costs for the safety of the goodies inside . sorry for ranting but this is a SORE subject with me.... my 2 cents

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

Lets say $50 b/v worth of damaged cards. The package was puncture and it dented the top loader and damaged the first 3 cards each showing less damage as you go down further. If I scanned the cards they would look normal but picture a ding in the card.
(01-21-2012, 02:50 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: I cannot stand cards shipped in anything but their OWN top loader, screwdowns or mags.... I HATE top loader sandwiches.... AND I CANNOT STAND SNAP CASES for shipping..... granted its not the sellers fault the package was damaged but I would go as far as saying it is his fault for the damaged cards.... If he put them each in their own top loaders would the cards have gotten damaged? probably not .... so i guess I would complain to paypal ... get a refund and return the cards.... I go as far as contacting the seller and request that they use individual packaging for each card and I am even willing to pay extra shipping costs for the safety of the goodies inside . sorry for ranting but this is a SORE subject with me.... my 2 cents
I completely agree with you 100%.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(01-21-2012, 02:46 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: Top loader sandwich......
2nd most hated form of sending stuff. One being just about every ones most hated taped up top loaders.
Or I even hate the taped up snap cases......

Either way. If you go by Ebays TOS. It is the sellers job to make sure it gets to YOU in the shape you bought it. How big was the card ?
Exactly. ToS States the seller is supposed to provide insurance as well to protect them from this situation. If he didnt insure them thru the P.O then he is in essence insuring them himself. File the claim, send the cards back, and get your money back.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(01-21-2012, 02:59 AM)branesergen Wrote: Exactly. ToS States the seller is supposed to provide insurance as well to protect them from this situation. If he didnt insure them thru the P.O then he is in essence insuring them himself. File the claim, send the cards back, and get your money back.
The tricky part is the cards are so hard to find...
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(01-21-2012, 02:50 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: I cannot stand cards shipped in anything but their OWN top loader, screwdowns or mags.... I HATE top loader sandwiches.... AND I CANNOT STAND SNAP CASES for shipping..... granted its not the sellers fault the package was damaged but I would go as far as saying it is his fault for the damaged cards.... If he put them each in their own top loaders would the cards have gotten damaged? probably not .... so i guess I would complain to paypal ... get a refund and return the cards.... I go as far as contacting the seller and request that they use individual packaging for each card and I am even willing to pay extra shipping costs for the safety of the goodies inside . sorry for ranting but this is a SORE subject with me.... my 2 cents
I can stand snap cases as long as they are not taped up so much you have to cut the tape or break the case to get to the cards.
(01-21-2012, 03:03 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: The tricky part is the cards are so hard to find...
So hard 2 find to waste the money for damaged cards ?
I don't know....... I would get my money back.

post some pics ... maybe we an find someone on here to trade em..... or I'll keep a lookout at a few of my LCS's

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(01-21-2012, 03:03 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: The tricky part is the cards are so hard to find...
But damaged. Might as well not even have them no? If they arent hurt bad enough that you want to keep them in your collection then let it go. Chalk it up as a loss. If they are too damaged then send them back. I may have a Porsche but its wrecked and I cant drive it but its a Porsche means nothing to me, I would rather have the card that isnt damaged or no card at all lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Would it be fair to contact the seller asking for a partial refund and keeping the cards? I dont think I can return them. Im a delusional JT collector hehe.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341