`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very interesting article about the 2013 ballot

RE: Very interesting article about the 2013 ballot
(01-13-2012, 04:39 PM)ceocards Wrote: I DO have a problem with the Hall of Fame trying to legislate morality into their voting. Not that I approve of taking PEDs (or gambling on games, or cheating, or womanizing or any of the other turd-like characteristics of some of the HOF members). But this isn't the Boy Scout of the Year hall of fame - it's the baseball Hall of Fame.
I had started typing something along these lines but took it out. I have a hard time with sports writers of all people, deciding who wins the morals contest.

If we wanted to be picky about the morals of ball players, we'd have about 8 guys in there. For some reason, it seems like people put the HOF on this extremely high pedestal and put the players into a god like status. They are people, just like you and me.

RE: Very interesting article about the 2013 ballot
Let discuss PED's again if I am not mistaken GNC sells alot of stuff like this and until it gets banned what would make it illegal? I can't remember all the names of the stuff that GNC banned that baseball players used. I remember using something back in the day as it has no affect towards making you bigger, faster or stonger but it gave you like an energy spike. I will still never forget what the directions said on the back (cycle 2 days on and 1 day off and do not take after 4 PM to avoid sleepless nights.) Though this only lasted for me for about a hour and a half, for that time I was boucing off the walls. That was not illegal to take for about 2 years then they banned it. Same with alot of the stuff people like Bonds, McGwire took but look at there numbered before they did anything they were still Hall Of Fame worthy. So to say your not going to let them in means you need to take out alot of Hall Of Famers as there stats were not enough to be in. My point is if you wanna wait till they pass to let them in thats fine but they should get in some day as these were the greats for there era. Do you think Alex Rodriguez will be held to the same level as them? I don't think so as I see him as a first ballot Hall Of Famers but he did alot of the same things they did. Just let them in as they deserved it for what they did for the game in those years where they were all the talk of the sport. Bonds 7 MVP's not all of them he was using PED's, Clemens 7 CY Youngs and not all of them he was using either. There making it more like a popularity contest now than who's the best of the era.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]