`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your Opinions do count, so let's hear them, Please.

your Opinions do count, so let's hear them, Please.
Recently did a trade with a member for a card I needed for a set I am trying to build.

2006 Flair Showcase Signatures #/35

Received the card today, it was in a padded envelope, but no team bag, no card board taped around the top loader, no tape on the Top loader to hold the card in, just the card, penny sleeve, and top loader in a padded enevlope.

When I opened the package, the card was half way out of the top loader, and the top left corner, is banged up, nothing major, but noticeable.

Member has over 100 trades, 4.99 feedback average, while I am happy with the communication, and the ease of making the trade happen, very, very disappointed in the shipping, even though he was a quick shipper, the manner in which the card was shipped does deserve to be known, so what kind of rating would you leave and why?

I know what my gut instinct is telling me, 4 overall, 5 on communication, 5 on item description, 3 on shipping ( actually I think a 2 would be more appropriate, but taking into account the quickness and ease of getting the trade done, I feel a 3 is appropriate
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

RE: your Opinions do count, so let's hear them, Please.
What you have assessed is reasonable, imo.

I think if a corner is banged up its worth a 2. Regardless of the Score its worth a PM to that person so they dont do it to another trader.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

even with tape, just being in a toploader in a bubble mailer no baggie of any kind causes damage (get tape on the card and banged corners yay!) ziplock bags work just as well as team bags. As for giving feedback on this website, depends on how communication goes with the other trader, some are drama queens to deal with and if you give them a bad rating you'll have to put up with some amount of boo hooing. So, technically yes it sounds like a good reason to give a lower star, but it's also a case by case and person by person dealing with them situation.

there is really no excuse in that. everyone who makes trades should know how to protect the cards and WANT to do it right, because they would feel the same way you do if this happened to them. I always tape the toploader, put in team bad and tape the team back also. I want to know that I did everything I could to protect my card until it reaches the other party.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

Let me say this. I don't always use a team bag. Sometimes guys don't have all that stuff on hand. I do, however, always put a piece of painters tape over the top-loader. I have never had a card come out of its loader. That is crazy and has little excuse. I have received cards out of the loader and cards without something holding them in. Heck my Canary Diamond Escobar came PWE in a penny sleeve and nothing more. I about s**t a brick.

I hate to see guys get knocked on feedback. Especially ones who mean well. I'd communicate first. See if he/she takes responsibility. If they do then let this be a lesson. If they do not then make sure others know what happened.

Once is a warning, no need to knock IMO. Twice let them have it because only an idiot doesn't learn the first time.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Atleast let them correct the mistake before leaving bad feedback. people are too quick to leave bad feedback without talking it over first, However i give you kudos for thinking about it first. Let them know what happened and if they will make it up.
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

(01-06-2012, 07:17 PM)yankeeempire Wrote: Atleast let them correct the mistake before leaving bad feedback.
This is exactly what I was going to say. Sounds like he is a pretty good trader so at least give them the opportunity to make you happy.

(01-06-2012, 07:30 PM)iujapander Wrote: This is exactly what I was going to say. Sounds like he is a pretty good trader so at least give them the opportunity to make you happy.
Your missing the point here, a NEW trader should be given the opportunity to make things right, and be informed in the way that cards should be shipped etc..

however, someone with over 100 trades, knows better than to ship that way..., and should understand the consequences of such, and has no excuse..

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(01-06-2012, 09:16 PM)shezdoni Wrote: Your missing the point here, a NEW trader should be given the opportunity to make things right, and be informed in the way that cards should be shipped etc..

however, someone with over 100 trades, knows better than to ship that way..., and should understand the consequences of such, and has no excuse..
Obviously let him know, then ding him 2 stars. Like you said here, the guy has been around awhile and should know. You don't even need team bags to make sure they don't fall out of a sleeve. Even a regular piece of paper wrapped around it will do the same exact thing.

I've had the same thing happen in the past but the card wasn't damaged.....somehow. I didn't ding him because it wasn't damaged.