`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just had to vent about trading

RE: Just had to vent about trading
(01-05-2012, 09:10 PM)the great 48 Wrote: Oh yeah, well I had about an 8 month layoff after my monster baby came along, lol.
And yeah Im always wanting your junk for my junk Big Grin

omg we just got a deal done, thanks for your press pass/sage junk! lol...will go out monday!
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

I'm probably the "King of Cancelling Trades" this year Sad

I don't know why but we mostly get trade offers now from folks we've never heard of, with little or no trading history, with only $10 autos in their PC's, and they always want our high end ( $200+ ) autos ??? Sad

While we try to work with everyone we know, when we see "red flags" we just hit cancel and move on Wink

Now one problem I have noticed is we don't get notifications anymore, so unless I check our trade page every day I don't know if we have any offers or responses ..... so if I'm tardy I apologize in advance Sad

(01-05-2012, 09:21 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: a few months ago every trade I sent they tried to include my topps magic triple lol i unchecked it available for trade because like 75% of simple trades included it and I was like I don't think so lol
What Magic triple do you have again???
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Ray Lewis/Frank Gore/Reggie Wayne 4/5

(01-05-2012, 09:54 PM)branesergen Wrote: What Magic triple do you have again???

I have 564 completed trades on here, apparently going back to 1969, when I was just 8...

"This trade was accepted on 12/31/1969." (I have no idea why, but this is what it said on a trade that The Great 48 just left feedback for)

Anywho... The one thing everyone has to understand -- Don't take a decline personally. We all do, but we shouldn't. The only thing that taking it personally does, is sours us on all our next trades to some extent. When we get a decline, especially without any kind of explanation, just forget it and move on. If it helps (and it helps me for sure), tell yourself the other trader is an idiot, but MOVE ON. If YOU need to decline a trade, let the other trader know why, so he will know. Of course, you don't HAVE to, but it will prevent other traders thinking you are an idiot.

It isn't personal. They just don't want to trade for some reason. You still have your cards, so you can continue trading for the cards you need.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

Excellent advice ADB. I think the first thing I noticed on here was the diversity on what everyone was looking for. When I used to trade as a kid, EVERYONE wanted the exact same thing it seemed like. Everyone had PCs of the same players! When I came to Beckett, I see PCs of all types of players! The wants are so much different here because we are from all over the country.

I never take a declined trade personally because I know that just because I have nothing for that other person doesn't mean I don't have nice stuff. When I check people for trades, I generally check for only a few specific players. If I don't see any of those, I will branch out and see if there is anything else, but I am mainly looking for only a few key players that I collect. I know how selective I am, so I never take it personally when others are selective and can't find anything in my collection.

Not only that, but I think a lot of you are probably similar to me in that most of my good stuff isn't marked for trade anyway because I know I couldn't part with it! Haha

(01-05-2012, 09:21 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: a few months ago every trade I sent they tried to include my topps magic triple lol i unchecked it available for trade because like 75% of simple trades included it and I was like I don't think so lol
Oooooooooo I want it, I want it...me me me.....lmao
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

(01-05-2012, 10:50 PM)all day baby Wrote: I have 564 completed trades on here, apparently going back to 1969, when I was just 8...

"This trade was accepted on 12/31/1969." (I have no idea why, but this is what it said on a trade that The Great 48 just left feedback for)

Anywho... The one thing everyone has to understand -- Don't take a decline personally. We all do, but we shouldn't. The only thing that taking it personally does, is sours us on all our next trades to some extent. When we get a decline, especially without any kind of explanation, just forget it and move on. If it helps (and it helps me for sure), tell yourself the other trader is an idiot, but MOVE ON. If YOU need to decline a trade, let the other trader know why, so he will know. Of course, you don't HAVE to, but it will prevent other traders thinking you are an idiot.

It isn't personal. They just don't want to trade for some reason. You still have your cards, so you can continue trading for the cards you need.
Well put. And was -10 in '69 Big Grin

[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

(01-06-2012, 12:40 AM)the great 48 Wrote: And was -10 in '69 Big Grin
Five words, and I feel OOOOLLLLLLLLDDDDD!!!!! LOL!!! Wink

No wonder you just now left me feedback.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

I deleted my org months ago because of the pain in the butt trading has become here. Now I just send out blind trades (more like gifts) to my main peep here. I did a trade thread a few weeks ago with some nicer stuff, and wound up only getting trades with two former trade partners who I love to trade with.
I guess I'm lucky that I have a small group of people here I can find stuff for easily and be happy with what shows up in the mail. I do have 101 trades, but kind of lost the urge to go after trades. I don't trade for trade bait, so that hurts ky prospects a lot. Trading for bait for another card you really want is time consuming, but eventually worth it.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]