`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Deck Is Going Down

RE: Upper Deck Is Going Down
There is a book called "Card Sharks" about the formation of Upper Deck. Good read but it doesn't paint Richard McWilliam in a good light. Though some would probably say that's not possible... Anyway after reading that book I'm not surprised abou anything that Upper Deck has done.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

RE: Upper Deck Is Going Down
Personally I haven't bought one single UD product since they lost their football (NFL) license. It's a shame too because one of the three boxes I used to save up to buy was UD SP Authentic. I mean, who doesn't love the 2006 jersey/auto rc's? They're beautiful! The only year I didn't really like them much was 2008 (? A. Peterson's year) but I still bought one box.

One thing I do know is that UD hasn't cornered the market on redemption problems. I have some super old stuff with Panini and I just pulled another one. I now have three outstanding redemptions with them!

What is happening to the hobby we all love so much? So, now I'm down to only Topps Chrome and Contenders to look forward to each year. Although, I have bought a few boxes of Certified because I really like how they look. It really is a shame!