`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Deck Is Going Down

Upper Deck Is Going Down
The inordinate delays by this company in redeeming my bookmarks redemption Z /99 from 2010 Exquisite Football- a $600 per pack "high end" product- is troublesome for a number of reasons:

1) When combined with all recent calls going straight to voicemail due to a "company function," it creates the distinct impression that no one is running the asylum and that Upper Deck is about to go under.

2) Considering that Upper Deck clearly receives proceeds when selling this product, the fact that a player may not have been paid yet for their signatures on these redemptions creates a credit card sort of attitude that hurts market confidence.

3) For any redemptions to be coming out of such a high price point pack is unacceptable.

4) after seeing upper deck lose license after license in each sport, they are doing themselves no favors in such delays with the redemptions they do have in the few products they have left.

I have a serious concern about whether I will ever see my booklet because I've been given the runaround for 8 months now, told that the redemptions are now being fulfilled...months ago...and still haven't seen or heard anything.
http://s1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/dayton310/

DO NOT TRADE: MGRUBER2 DO NOT TRADE: MGRUBER2
R.O.A. (DO NOT TRADE) THE GREAT 48

RE: Upper Deck Is Going Down
I called UD being out of business in 5 years back in 2007... everyone thought I was crazy... LOL
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

sux because i've always liked the looks of UD cards.

(12-22-2011, 07:56 PM)pork chop Wrote: sux because i've always liked the looks of UD cards.
me too!!! I really like the Exquisite myself....
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

How about their Yu-Gi-O counterfeiting suit they lost?
What kind of Mickey mouse organization is this?
http://s1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/dayton310/

DO NOT TRADE: MGRUBER2 DO NOT TRADE: MGRUBER2
R.O.A. (DO NOT TRADE) THE GREAT 48

I hate this to I pulled a bio script and I can't get anyone ether
Wants Drew Brees everything
Second colliction Gabbert and all 2011 quarterbacks
[Image: ridley_brees.jpg]
http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k559/rshcard86/
my site
http://rshcard86.weebly.com/

know exactly how you think and feel Smile

been waiting on a redemption since June ..... it was "in stock" then, but they told us they needed to take care of more "current" redemption's since ours was from 2008 ??? ..... if you have it in stock, why not just ship the darn thing ??? ..... they "claim" it was shipped two weeks ago but we still haven't seen anything yet Sad

I'll crack the delay up to the Christmas rush, but both myself and jr have sworn off buying any UD products ever again ..... period !!!

Telltale signs they are going away ..... just how many product releases have they had this year, and just how many directions are they trying to move products ??? College cards may be "neat" but they drive a very limited market IMHO, no SPX ??? hmmmmm ..... used to be a bread and butter line for them ..... Heroes ??? great lower end product ..... gone Sad

If you don't have the money to pay for players sigs, and you can't use licensed mem ..... guess you can't put product on the shelves Wink

So long Upper Deck, let's just hope that your card BV's won't tank the way other manufacturers did when you're gone Sad

(12-22-2011, 09:08 PM)pbean Wrote: know exactly how you think and feel Smile

been waiting on a redemption since June ..... it was "in stock" then, but they told us they needed to take care of more "current" redemption's since ours was from 2008 ??? ..... if you have it in stock, why not just ship the darn thing ??? ..... they "claim" it was shipped two weeks ago but we still haven't seen anything yet Sad

I'll crack the delay up to the Christmas rush, but both myself and jr have sworn off buying any UD products ever again ..... period !!!

Telltale signs they are going away ..... just how many product releases have they had this year, and just how many directions are they trying to move products ??? College cards may be "neat" but they drive a very limited market IMHO, no SPX ??? hmmmmm ..... used to be a bread and butter line for them ..... Heroes ??? great lower end product ..... gone Sad

If you don't have the money to pay for players sigs, and you can't use licensed mem ..... guess you can't put product on the shelves Wink

So long Upper Deck, let's just hope that your card BV's won't tank the way other manufacturers did when you're gone Sad
its sad really... they were my favorite card company for many, many years when I was growing up...Smile
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(12-22-2011, 09:10 PM)superynaldo Wrote: its sad really... they were my favorite card company for many, many years when I was growing up...Smile
+1. UD always had the best colors in their cards and were always way more glossy than the other brands when i was a kid.

glad i stayed on top of them to get my replacements...they are the hardest company when it comes to reaching someone on the phones. My bud who's in the diamond club gets cubic zirconium service at best (he's got redemptions and replacements and doesn't even get a phone call returned or emails for that matter)
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.