`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
120 RETAIL PACKS OF 2009 DONRUSS THREADS WITH A SHOCKER!

RE: 120 RETAIL PACKS OF 2009 DONRUSS THREADS WITH A SHOCKER!
(12-08-2011, 04:12 PM)giantsfan Wrote: Well, I kind through the words shocker in there to draw you in. Dont get me wrong, to me, what I got was a shocker or what I should say, what I didn't get. As you can see there is no scans. I figured wasnt worth it.

So, my wife surprised me early with one of my Christmas presents and it was a lot of 120 donruss threads 2009 retail packs. I was stoked. 120 packs to bust!! I knew it was retail, but i expected at least 3 to 4 jerseys and maybe an auto with such a huge lot. Well......we started busting. Pack after pack. Common after common was stacking up. A few inserts, and i mean a few and a few rookies scattered about. Soon we got down to the last five packs. I said, well maybe, there is a huge hit waiting for us....She disagreed and said we found a dud...and boy was she right. I did finally get a hit with 2 packs left. Out of full excitement I got a plain Jake Delhomme jersey card. WOOOOO HOOO!! I shouted. She laughed afterwards.

Here is a breakdown:

1 jersey numbered to 250 of Jake Delhomme
best insert: Gridiron Kings of Matt Stafford
best rookie: Chip Vaughn

Have any of you ever hit a "dud" like this before?

Also, my wife then handed me 24 retail packs of 2009 Rookies and stars trying to make up for this lot. commons and one rookie I dont even remember lol. I am sure she probably has something hiding for Christmas, but for now, I can dwell on this lol.

(12-08-2011, 04:12 PM)giantsfan Wrote: Well, I kind through the words shocker in there to draw you in. Dont get me wrong, to me, what I got was a shocker or what I should say, what I didn't get. As you can see there is no scans. I figured wasnt worth it.

So, my wife surprised me early with one of my Christmas presents and it was a lot of 120 donruss threads 2009 retail packs. I was stoked. 120 packs to bust!! I knew it was retail, but i expected at least 3 to 4 jerseys and maybe an auto with such a huge lot. Well......we started busting. Pack after pack. Common after common was stacking up. A few inserts, and i mean a few and a few rookies scattered about. Soon we got down to the last five packs. I said, well maybe, there is a huge hit waiting for us....She disagreed and said we found a dud...and boy was she right. I did finally get a hit with 2 packs left. Out of full excitement I got a plain Jake Delhomme jersey card. WOOOOO HOOO!! I shouted. She laughed afterwards.

Here is a breakdown:

1 jersey numbered to 250 of Jake Delhomme
best insert: Gridiron Kings of Matt Stafford
best rookie: Chip Vaughn

Have any of you ever hit a "dud" like this before?

Also, my wife then handed me 24 retail packs of 2009 Rookies and stars trying to make up for this lot. commons and one rookie I dont even remember lol. I am sure she probably has something hiding for Christmas, but for now, I can dwell on this lol.
My wife did the same for me, I got quite a few more rookies and variations compared to you and only 1 jersey card, Darrirus Heyward. She got them online from Blowout I believe, they said not to expect much as they were bought in bulk from walmart.

Eddie George Super Collector

A 10 year member's first post is a 3 month old necro reply with no message? Huh?