`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Epic ITG UM11 Irbe Haul: 8 for 12...Not Too Shabby :)

RE: My Epic ITG UM11 Irbe Haul: 8 for 12...Not Too Shabby :)
(11-29-2011, 08:38 AM)bonnev659 Wrote: fyi that seller had a few cards pulled from the bay for having 2 fake patches/mem on ITG brand cards
Really? Ive never had any problems with that dealer. He's a 70 year old man from latvia. Wonder if he even knew he was selling a fake.
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

Sooooo glad to see you got them all. They are all absolutely fantastic and it is so good to see these cards going to a collector who truly cherishes them. I will keep these eyes and ears open for the other 1/1's. My birthday is in March and I am going to treat myself and buy another case I think, I will definitely let you know.
Always looking for:

Johnny Bower
John Tavares
John De Gray
Unscratched redemptions (low or high-end)
A&G Minis (Check my thread)
Non-sport (Prominent Cuts, Marvel, GPK, Vintage etc..)
Gaming (Pokemon, MTG, Yu-gi-oh, etc..)

Bucket: http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/z342/staples29/

(11-29-2011, 02:56 PM)irbecards32 Wrote: Really? Ive never had any problems with that dealer. He's a 70 year old man from latvia. Wonder if he even knew he was selling a fake.
it was 2 ITG cards... I didn't think he knew they were temper with... but they are no longer up on the bay
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Thanks a lot for the comments everyone, and sorry for any delay in responding to them, I had not logged in since I posted them yesterday.

(11-28-2011, 11:23 PM)irbecards32 Wrote: God I love that History of the franchise SJ card... Still havnt been able to track one down for myself. I just wish they wouldve put Steve Shields, Jeff Hackett or Kelly Hrudey on the card instead of Niemi. Just not a Niemi fan, and after only 1 season I dont think he deserves to be on a history of the franchise in net card...

Great cards tho. BTW theres a Topps Gold Label Black 1/1 Irbe on ebay right now. Kinda dissapointed that the only difference on that card is the 1/1 on the back, and its not even stamped on there, it looks like someone rubbed it out with an eraser. Good luck with the bidding
I love the History of the Franchise cards this year. They have such a nice design to them, and the black and white pictures really add to its appeal. Niemi isn't my favorite either, but because he is the most current #1 over there, he got the last spot on the card.

I noticed the Gold Label 1/1, as well. From the boxes I opened, the oldest Gold Label parallels were tough to notice since the serial #ing was not made of foil, they were little more than depressions in the back of the card that had the serial # in it. By the second year of the set (1999-00) the serial # was gold stamped, but the 1/1s were still depressions in the card. The distinguishing feautre though was the sparkle back which made it a little bit easier to spot. By the third year, the fun went away because the parallels were higher #d, more common, and the only 1/1s were parallels of subsets such as the "Behind the Mask" card.

(11-29-2011, 06:04 PM)bonnev659 Wrote: it was 2 ITG cards... I didn't think he knew they were temper with... but they are no longer up on the bay
Probably not. he's a real nice guy. Sucks he probably bought them not knowing they were fake.

(11-29-2011, 11:26 PM)irbecards32 Wrote: Probably not. he's a real nice guy. Sucks he probably bought them not knowing they were fake.
yea that is what I figure

by the way Bruce, on the bad of the /09 Hrt/Car goalies, what type of mem is used for Burkie?

(11-30-2011, 09:21 AM)bonnev659 Wrote: yea that is what I figure

by the way Bruce, on the bad of the /09 Hrt/Car goalies, what type of mem is used for Burkie?
I was wondering that too, it looks like a pad/glove/blocker piece of leather

Burke is a piece of pad.

Liut is a stick, Burke is a pad, Irbe is a jersey, and Ward is a jersey.

On the Sharks one, the Irbe is a glove, the Vernon is a pad, the Nabokov is a jersey and the Niemi is an AHL jersey.

Thanks Bruce for the info. I was trying to figure out if Burke was white jersey or pad, with my small screen. I still droll over both /9 and 1/1 cards

(11-30-2011, 04:12 PM)irbefan4life Wrote: Burke is a piece of pad.

Liut is a stick, Burke is a pad, Irbe is a jersey, and Ward is a jersey.

On the Sharks one, the Irbe is a glove, the Vernon is a pad, the Nabokov is a jersey and the Niemi is an AHL jersey.

(11-30-2011, 06:37 PM)bonnev659 Wrote: Thanks Bruce for the info. I was trying to figure out if Burke was white jersey or pad, with my small screen. I still droll over both /9 and 1/1 cards
Yeah, they are beautiful cards. The Burke pad on the #/9 is particularly cool because there, on its tiny swatch, there are 7 stitch holes and a puck mark as well.