`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man Topps REALLY dropped the ball on Topps Chrome!

RE: Man Topps REALLY dropped the ball on Topps Chrome!
Maybe I just pay attention to the cards in the blasters.
I collect Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez, Patriots and Red Sox

I don't see why everyone seems to be so surprised and disappointed, this is pretty much standard Topps. Magic, Mayo, regular Topps, and Chrome have had really poor centering for the last few years, and edge issues.
The Chrome I bought was in so-so shape. No hammered corners, a few base with very minor scratches, and normal poor centering we see every year from Topps. Both of my autos were in fantastic condition. I have seen a break locally where the surface was scratched pretty bad, but any Chrome product is hard to get consistently high quality cards out packs every year.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

(11-05-2011, 02:07 PM)mrgonzodad Wrote: I don't see why everyone seems to be so surprised and disappointed, this is pretty much standard Topps. Magic, Mayo, regular Topps, and Chrome have had really poor centering for the last few years, and edge issues.
The Chrome I bought was in so-so shape. No hammered corners, a few base with very minor scratches, and normal poor centering we see every year from Topps. Both of my autos were in fantastic condition. I have seen a break locally where the surface was scratched pretty bad, but any Chrome product is hard to get consistently high quality cards out packs every year.
I agree with most of that, but I mean come on, some of the auto's are INCREDIBLY off center (Newton,Locker,Ponder,most of the big names). A blind person could see how off-center they are. I would understand if it was just a tiny bit off, but most are completely trash. You would think Topps would realize this and fix it. The quality control on this product is horrible. Such a waste with them finally doing on-card auto's.
[Image: jpcisco.jpg]

Collecting: Jake Locker,Sam Bradford, Colt Mccoy, Eric Berry, Jason Witten, Luke Stocker, Denarius Moore, Austin Pettis, Lance Kendricks, Greg Salas, Robert Quinn and anything that catches my eye!