`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man Topps REALLY dropped the ball on Topps Chrome!

Man Topps REALLY dropped the ball on Topps Chrome!
Anyone else notice how off-center almost all the base RC auto's are?? I mean some are wayyy off-center. I have been looking all over the bay to pick up some auto's for my PC but cant find any besides the insert versions that are centered correctly. Kinda Ruined the set for me. The base cards seem to be fine but all the auto's I have come across are off-center. You would think they would recognize this before production and would have fixed it. Hopefully this will be fixed for next years version! Anyone else disappointed?
[Image: jpcisco.jpg]

Collecting: Jake Locker,Sam Bradford, Colt Mccoy, Eric Berry, Jason Witten, Luke Stocker, Denarius Moore, Austin Pettis, Lance Kendricks, Greg Salas, Robert Quinn and anything that catches my eye!

RE: Man Topps REALLY dropped the ball on Topps Chrome!
They are very off center. Really bad edges on some too.

Didn't notice since the only ones I want are too expensive (A.J. Green, Cam Newton) or really aren't that appealing (Notably, the Chargers rookies...). Now that I look at it, they are pretty bad. Some are decent but not many.

(11-03-2011, 09:43 PM)ejnfl24 Wrote: Didn't notice since the only ones I want are too expensive (A.J. Green, Cam Newton) or really aren't that appealing (Notably, the Chargers rookies...). Now that I look at it, they are pretty bad. Some are decent but not many.
Yea some are close but majority are way off. Its a shame they wasted all those auto's on really off-centered cards. Would have loved to grab some on-card RC auto's from the set, but decided to stay away since I noticed how bad they seem to be. Wont be seeing many bgs 9's or 9.5's from this set, lol.
(11-03-2011, 09:39 PM)delpants Wrote: They are very off center. Really bad edges on some too.
Yea I noticed that as well. I purchased a few packs to try them out at the LCS and all the cards I pulled had messed up edges on the top. It looks as if someone sawed the cards apart.

Collecting: Jake Locker,Sam Bradford, Colt Mccoy, Eric Berry, Jason Witten, Luke Stocker, Denarius Moore, Austin Pettis, Lance Kendricks, Greg Salas, Robert Quinn and anything that catches my eye!

(11-03-2011, 09:49 PM)jpcisco Wrote: Yea some are close but majority are way off. Its a shame they wasted all those auto's on really off-centered cards. Would have loved to grab some on-card RC auto's from the set, but decided to stay away since I noticed how bad they seem to be. Wont be seeing many bgs 9's or 9.5's from this set, lol.
Yeah, looks like the only ones I might get will be if I pull one. Undecided

I had not noticed, i thought they were meant to be that way lol. Are they suppose to look different??
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

i cracked a few boxes and my one auto vincent brown was bigger than the other cards
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

Most of the surfaces are scratched too....blaster boxes don't seem to be as bad as hobby boxes are....none of my blaster packs had scratched cards but the hobby box, at lease half were scratched on some way.....hate it
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

(11-04-2011, 12:33 AM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: I had not noticed, i thought they were meant to be that way lol. Are they suppose to look different??
no they are supposed to be centered correctly the same as the regular base cards.
(11-04-2011, 10:04 AM)cybertrenz02 Wrote: Most of the surfaces are scratched too....blaster boxes don't seem to be as bad as hobby boxes are....none of my blaster packs had scratched cards but the hobby box, at lease half were scratched on some way.....hate it
Yea I noticed some of the cards from my packs I bought at the LCS had scratches on the surface. Would have been a great product if they didnt destroy it!!!

This has been going on with baseball cards for a least 2 years now. Guess they want to start screwing over football collectors now too. BTW, good luck getting them replaced. Topps simply doesn't give a damn