`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Albert Pujols thoughts, opinions

Albert Pujols thoughts, opinions
What if, and this is a big IF the Cardnials win the world series this year, could Pujols pretty much name his price and the Cardnials would really have no choice but to pay him?

I mean i bet people would riot in St Louis if the Cards win the world series this year and then didnt resign Pujols long term

Prince Fielder is a kinda somewhat in the same situation..

Opinions? Thoughts?

plus my yankees are done, so now im pullin for the Cards..

RE: Albert Pujols thoughts, opinions
The Cardinals won't be able to pay any price he names. I think they know they have a limit, and if it means not being able to sign him then I think they'll let him walk. I know a lotta people won't like it, but I'd rather be able to keep a winning team on the field instead of paying 1 single guy that much money and not be able to afford to have a solid team around him. The Brewers are in the same boat, and I think Fielder has pretty much said he probably won't be coming back next year.

pujols will b a cardinal for all of his carrer he wont leave the state or that team he is the face of that franchise right now fielder will not b a brewer.
collect:pujols, trout,Salvador Perez,Jeter (rcs)

shipping: please have the respect of packaging the cards were they will not get damged. shipping cards in between toploaders when they are higher end cards is not acceptable. i will not ship cards like that to you so please do not ship them to me like that.

let's put it this way:

in 2007, the red sox won the world series. mike lowell, and his gimpy hip, had a hot stretch in the playoffs. by all means, the red sox should have let him walk as a free agent. the groundswell in the fanbase made that impossible, and they signed him to a julti-year deal

and then his hip disentegrated

and that's mike lowell

now imagine albert pujols

(10-09-2011, 04:55 PM)slufan83 Wrote: The Cardinals won't be able to pay any price he names. I think they know they have a limit, and if it means not being able to sign him then I think they'll let him walk. I know a lotta people won't like it, but I'd rather be able to keep a winning team on the field instead of paying 1 single guy that much money and not be able to afford to have a solid team around him. The Brewers are in the same boat, and I think Fielder has pretty much said he probably won't be coming back next year.

In my opinion Pujols should accept less money so he can remain with the Cards for the rest of his career. i mean im sure the Cards will offer atleast in the 150-200million range maybe 5-7years...I hope money is not the most important factor to him about resigning or not

comparing mike lowell to albert pujols is not a fair comparison, not even on the same planet. Pujols in many peoples opinion the best player in the game the past decade. a hot stretch in the playoffs, doesnt compare to 10years straight of 300+, 30+, 100+,. and missed it by fraction of an inch this year.

i mean pujols i think is 31 or 32, the Cards would regret it if they dont sign.

and yea i dont believe prince fielder will be a Brewer next year either regardless of playoff outcome...kinda a shame, Braun Fielder, players you can build a great team around for years to come.

(10-09-2011, 05:48 PM)jeterfan5128 Wrote: In my opinion Pujols should accept less money so he can remain with the Cards for the rest of his career. i mean im sure the Cards will offer atleast in the 150-200million range maybe 5-7years...I hope money is not the most important factor to him about resigning or not

comparing mike lowell to albert pujols is not a fair comparison, not even on the same planet. Pujols in many peoples opinion the best player in the game the past decade. a hot stretch in the playoffs, doesnt compare to 10years straight of 300+, 30+, 100+,. and missed it by fraction of an inch this year.

and yea i dont believe prince fielder will be a Brewer next year either regardless of playoff outcome...kinda a shame, Braun Fielder, players you can build a great team around for years to come.
I'm pretty sure at the start of the year the Cardinals offered him $200million + future part ownership of the team and he turned it down.

I hope he stays in St. Louis. He is one of very few players in my mind that wouldn't look right in another uniform.

(10-09-2011, 05:48 PM)jeterfan5128 Wrote: In my opinion Pujols should accept less money so he can remain with the Cards for the rest of his career. i mean im sure the Cards will offer atleast in the 150-200million range maybe 5-7years...I hope money is not the most important factor to him about resigning or not

you completely missed the point about the comparison. duh, of course theyre not on the same planet. which i why i made the comparison: if the sox were forced into that situation, imagine what the cards will be forced into

and no. he shouldnt take a hometown discount. you are looking at a man who will be looking for a 8-10 year deal at 22 million a year, minimum. he'll end up getting about 7-8 years at 20-22 million a year. see carl crawford and agon for comparisons in contracts:

crawford:
11:$14M, 12:$19.5M, 13:$20M, 14:$20.25M, 15:$20.5M, 16:$20.75M, 17:$21M
plus a 6 million dollar signing bonus

agon:
12-16: $21M annually, 17-18:$21.5M annually

younger players, sure. but in your estimation, pujols is the best player in the game (would he be at 36-38?)

the question becomes this: do the cards have that kind of money yo spend on one player and not cripple their team?

(10-09-2011, 06:13 PM)slufan83 Wrote: I'm pretty sure at the start of the year the Cardinals offered him $200million + future part ownership of the team and he turned it down.
if thats true and he turned down 200+mil and future ownership of the team wow, i guess he wants to be the highest paid player ever..

i see what you mean with the comparison now with lowell, you make a logical point.

i guess your right it comes down to if the Cards can afford Pujols and still be competitve...since theres no salary cap guess it comes to down to how deep the Cards pockets are...id hate to see him in another uniform, but not a long list of teams that will be able to afford him...

yankees and redsox you wouldnt think would be in on him so its gunna be very intresting

yankees have at least 3-4 dh's next year. realistically, they need to make arod a dh at some point. teixiera is locked for years at first or dh. i dont see a spot for him

red sox have adrian locked for years at 1st, papi at dh most probably for 2 more years (i think they are going to re-sign him). red sox have a very good thirdbaseman coming up, which may mean youk goes to dh after papi retires. and the red sox just laid out to large long term contracts...dont think theyll go for a third, even with about 30 million coming off the books this year

the cubs are gonna be a possibility. dodgers and mets wont be in it due to money issues. angels might in it.

cubs are the real threat. even if they arent serious about getting him, theyll feign interest to drive up the price