`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Awesome weekend!

Awesome weekend!
Beckett is finally back online so I can finally post about my great weekend.

Went to Saturday's Red Sox vs. Rays game. The Rays wives were having a charity event where for a $30 donation you would receive a mystery ball signed by a Rays player/coach/former player or possibly of someone the Rays played throughout the season so far. So I decided to start off by getting 2 baseballs. The first one turned out to be Fred McGriff which was pretty cool cause I liked the "Crime Dog" growing up and the second one was from Jorge Posada! For me it has been tough to get any great Yankee to sign for me so to get an auto from him was super cool. Feeling lucky, I decided to take another shot at it. My third try netted me a ball signed by Sean Rodriguez which was pretty cool as he's one of my favorite Rays players, I was kind of bummed cause he's such a nice guy its easy to get him to sign and another hard to get auto would have been great but all in all it was still pretty awesome. The game itself was pretty awesome as well.

To top it off... I hung out near the Rays player parking lot after the game. Standing there with some of his entourage was David Ortiz! A kid asked him to sign and he obliged. Then one of his entourage members motioned to me to throw my ball over too so he'd have David sign it for me, which I happily did. Unfortunately the kid just had a blue sharpie and David decided to just use the kids sharpie to sign but David was nice to sign big enough and legible that it still looks pretty sweet. On a funny note, David forgot that he still had the kids sharpie and never gave it back unfortunately. While waiting for the players to leave, I was also able to get Brandon Guyer to sign the sweet spot of another ball that I had brought as well as a few cards, Alex Cobb to sign my team ball that I'm working on and Jeremy Hellickson to sign a card. Such an awesome night!

RE: Awesome weekend!
Congrats, sounds like you had a blast.

That is awesome!!!! I love hanging out after games to get autos. Once at the tribe game as we were waiting Omar Visquel came out and hoped right into his yellow porche and floored it Sad........... all the way to the gate where he got out and signed some stuff Smile Smile I got a ball and card signed pretty cool. I also got Hafner, Crisp, Blake, and Fausto. Preety cool. and once while Tribe was playing the twins a couple of years ago, C.C. got in his hummer and picked up Torii Hunter, Delmon Young and Milton Bradley and went around the corner and at at the Hard Rock.

Awesome!! Jealous of that Crime Dog ball!!!
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

Yea Omar is pretty nice, he signed some stuff for me earlier this year when the White Sox visited the Trop. Pretty cool

You had a great night. A great game to watch and got a few autos. Congratulations.

David Ortiz is one of the nicest guys around. Whenever the Red Sox's come to Toronto I usually talk to him for a bit.
I collect Allen & Ginter, Aroldis Chapman, Yoan Moncada, and Cuban Players!

if u would trade the ortiz please check me
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo