`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COME ON EBAY SELLERS - Rant :/

COME ON EBAY SELLERS - Rant :/
This is just getting ridiculous! So yesterday I got an item in the mail...in a PWE, in a top loader with no penny sleeve, card was hanging out of the top loader and luckily not bent. I looked back and I was charged $2.50 shipping! Today I get another card in a PWE, packaged a little better. I look back and I was charged $1.75! Why are sellers getting lazy?!? It's policy that you can't charge excess shipping to make profit. Envelope = $.10, Stamp = $.44, Top Loader/Penny Sleeve = $.25 ish...Total = $.80 ish. Just sad.

RE: COME ON EBAY SELLERS - Rant :/
I had the same thing happen with a really nice griffey insert. he charged $2 bucks shipping on a 30bv card and it arrived in a single toploader in pwe.. i was irritated but thankful it arrived not bent or missing
no org, please do not send trade requests

(08-26-2011, 12:52 PM)slufan83 Wrote: This is just getting ridiculous! So yesterday I got an item in the mail...in a PWE, in a top loader with no penny sleeve, card was hanging out of the top loader and luckily not bent. I looked back and I was charged $2.50 shipping! Today I get another card in a PWE, packaged a little better. I look back and I was charged $1.75! Why are sellers getting lazy?!? It's policy that you can't charge excess shipping to make profit. Envelope = $.10, Stamp = $.44, Top Loader/Penny Sleeve = $.25 ish...Total = $.80 ish. Just sad.
As long as the card makes it to you in the condition stated in description you have absolutley zero reason to complain. You know how much shipping was before you bid on the card. It doesnt say anywhere on ebays site that using a pwe is not allowed.

What I hate is when the top loader is taped shut. Yeah good thought but a) you could damage the card cutting the tape b) you could dameage the card pulling it out, by getting caught on the tape and c) the card sticks to the tape because like stated above no penny sleeve.

(08-26-2011, 01:07 PM)themaskedhood Wrote: As long as the card makes it to you in the condition stated in description you have absolutley zero reason to complain. You know how much shipping was before you bid on the card. It doesnt say anywhere on ebays site that using a pwe is not allowed.
Yes, but eBay policy states that you aren't allowed to charge excessive shipping to make extra $ off the charge. That includes charging extra to pay for your eBay fees too. Trying explaining a $2.50 shipping charge compared to the actual costs of a PWE+Stamp+Top Loader....there is easily a $1.75 difference.

I got one in PWE just the other day too. It came in good condition though, and it was also no penny sleeve and a flimsy, bendy toploader not a good hard type. I gave five stars on everything, positive feedback, but noted PWE in my feedback given as well.

Slufan83 has a point about not overcharging for shipping, which to a degree is right and then some days one is going to want to side with it not being right because that is siding with "the man" Feebay who makes it hard as heck to actually make money with their website and yet kill the chances of using competing websites. If one pays what they were willing to pay and it did not get damaged I would not get mad, only if the card was damaged and they were refusing a full/ shipping included refund or something. If you were only okay with the purchase with certain shipping methods used, I guess messaging the seller ahead of time is going to be required for you in order to learn how they send stuff. Ebay is so huge in the baseball card market I wish they would add some more personal touches to the section to help the success, adding a box to click to describe shipping method would be something many buyers might like, and sellers would like seeing lower fees considering the cost of shipping a single card in most cases is not worth it.

I charge $3.00 shipping for what I sell. $1.71 to ship a parcel, $.80 for DC#, and roughly $.50 for the bubble mailer + card holders. That's right at $3. If I list a card not at a fixed price, then it's the chance I take...the item sells for what it sells at. It's not my place to make money off the shipping cost. I list stuff to make money off what I'm selling, not off shipping charges.

Yea eBay fees are getting ridiculous, but if you don't want to settle for a certain price, then make you listing fixed price and only let it go for what you want to get out of it. Don't penalize the buyer and squeeze out extra profit from shipping just because they got a good deal on the card.

(08-26-2011, 01:11 PM)slufan83 Wrote: Yes, but eBay policy states that you aren't allowed to charge excessive shipping to make extra $ off the charge. That includes charging extra to pay for your eBay fees too. Trying explaining a $2.50 shipping charge compared to the actual costs of a PWE+Stamp+Top Loader....there is easily a $1.75 difference.
So if the seller charged $1 or $1.25, you wouldn't care that they shipped it in a PWE?

If they only charged $1 or $1.25 and explained that they would be shipping in a PWE, would you not buy the card?

If they had added the penny sleeve and then put it in a team bag to avoid tape, would that make a difference?

Completing the following:

2010 Topps Chrome X-Fractors (142/220 - 64.5%)
2010 Bowman Platinum Refractors (60/100 - 60%)
2011 Topps Diamond (444/660 - 67.3%)

Finished 2011 Sets: Topps Series 1 Master, Heritage Master, Heritage Chrome, Gypsy Queen Framed Green, Gypsy Queen Minis, Heritage Black

(08-26-2011, 01:10 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: What I hate is when the top loader is taped shut. Yeah good thought but a) you could damage the card cutting the tape b) you could dameage the card pulling it out, by getting caught on the tape and c) the card sticks to the tape because like stated above no penny sleeve.
Amen! That drives me nuts. I bought a couple T206's over the last week. I had one that arrived in a taped top loader. Here I am trying to get a 100 year old card out without damaging it. It was not easy.
Photobucket

(08-26-2011, 01:50 PM)slufan83 Wrote: I charge $3.00 shipping for what I sell. $1.71 to ship a parcel, $.80 for DC#, and roughly $.50 for the bubble mailer + card holders. That's right at $3. If I list a card not at a fixed price, then it's the chance I take...the item sells for what it sells at. It's not my place to make money off the shipping cost. I list stuff to make money off what I'm selling, not off shipping charges.

Yea eBay fees are getting ridiculous, but if you don't want to settle for a certain price, then make you listing fixed price and only let it go for what you want to get out of it. Don't penalize the buyer and squeeze out extra profit from shipping just because they got a good deal on the card.
So if I charge the same $3.00, but I get my supplies cheaper (.08 for a bubble mailer, .05 for toploaders, etc) and find a way to ship my package for less (let's say $1.25 vs your $1.71) and it only costs me $2 total, am I in the wrong by charging $3 for S/H?

We're charging exactly the same amount for exactly the same service.
Completing the following:

2010 Topps Chrome X-Fractors (142/220 - 64.5%)
2010 Bowman Platinum Refractors (60/100 - 60%)
2011 Topps Diamond (444/660 - 67.3%)

Finished 2011 Sets: Topps Series 1 Master, Heritage Master, Heritage Chrome, Gypsy Queen Framed Green, Gypsy Queen Minis, Heritage Black