`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COME ON EBAY SELLERS - Rant :/

RE: COME ON EBAY SELLERS - Rant :/
(08-26-2011, 01:54 PM)griffan15 Wrote: So if the seller charged $1 or $1.25, you wouldn't care that they shipped it in a PWE?

If they only charged $1 or $1.25 and explained that they would be shipping in a PWE, would you not buy the card?

If they had added the penny sleeve and then put it in a team bag to avoid tape, would that make a difference?

Well in most situations it's a common sense thing. If I see a $1 shipping charge then I usually just assume it's going to be shipped in a PWE. In most cases it's a cheap card anyway and I don't ask any questions. If I see a $2.50-$3 charge then I assume it will go in a bubble mailer unless otherwise stated. Of course if it says it will be sent in a PWE and the charge is $2.50 then I'd avoid it. If they SAY it will be sent in a PWE and the charges are appropriate for that, then I have no problem...since in most cases it is a $1-$2 card anyway.

If its a single card they do make bubble mailers to go non machinable letter which for a single card only runs you between 60 and 88 cents no dc or anything but if you can find those smaller bubble mailers it makes it better for you and your customers
[Image: jonathancard.png]

I don't know how these sellers do it with out getting dinged on FB or DSRs.

I was charging 2.00 shipping on my cards (bubble mailer, toploader, team bag, penny sleeve and DC). For single cards postage was 1.75 displayed on the package, plus cost of supplies.

Even at this rate, I had a few people give me 1's and 2's on the Shipping charge for DSR.

If the shipping is .99 or less, I plan on receiving a PWE. If it is a card that I am not too worried about it - then I will do it.

For others that charge $2 + and send in a PWE, I will ding them on the Shipping charge, and then never buy from them again.

Ken
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

(08-26-2011, 02:01 PM)griffan15 Wrote: So if I charge the same $3.00, but I get my supplies cheaper (.08 for a bubble mailer, .05 for toploaders, etc) and find a way to ship my package for less (let's say $1.25 vs your $1.71) and it only costs me $2 total, am I in the wrong by charging $3 for S/H?

We're charging exactly the same amount for exactly the same service.
If you are knowingly making money off the buyer though your S/H charges then yes that isn't right. If you are able to keep your shipping costs down due to the fact that you can obtain the supplies at a better cost then you would be doing yourself a favor by being able to charge less and bring more interest to your item. I don't list hundreds of items per week and I don't have the means to purchase in bulk. I charge according to what the materials costs me. I know you can go through the online shipping thing and the postage is less...but I don't have a scale and I don't have the means to do that right now. I go to the post office window to ship all my stuff so I charge what I have to pay.

(08-26-2011, 01:50 PM)slufan83 Wrote: I charge $3.00 shipping for what I sell. $1.71 to ship a parcel, $.80 for DC#, and roughly $.50 for the bubble mailer + card holders. That's right at $3. If I list a card not at a fixed price, then it's the chance I take...the item sells for what it sells at. It's not my place to make money off the shipping cost. I list stuff to make money off what I'm selling, not off shipping charges.

Yea eBay fees are getting ridiculous, but if you don't want to settle for a certain price, then make you listing fixed price and only let it go for what you want to get out of it. Don't penalize the buyer and squeeze out extra profit from shipping just because they got a good deal on the card.
why does it cost so much to ship? i pay $1.75 for shipping with DC and i just found out today that i should be shipping it at 2 oz instead of 3 oz like i have been so ill be shipping even cheaper from now on. paypal multiorder shipping or buying through ebay is the way to go man. no need to run to the PO...
I collect current Braves and Braves Prospects Autograph, Memorabilia, First Year and Rookie Cards.

Don't Click Here.

[Image: 5WSGR.png]

you have to factor in TIME and the sellers GAS also. This is what it means by SHIPPING AND HANDLING

(08-26-2011, 02:15 PM)hellsbells Wrote: I don't know how these sellers do it with out getting dinged on FB or DSRs.

I was charging 2.00 shipping on my cards (bubble mailer, toploader, team bag, penny sleeve and DC). For single cards postage was 1.75 displayed on the package, plus cost of supplies.

Even at this rate, I had a few people give me 1's and 2's on the Shipping charge for DSR.

If the shipping is .99 or less, I plan on receiving a PWE. If it is a card that I am not too worried about it - then I will do it.

For others that charge $2 + and send in a PWE, I will ding them on the Shipping charge, and then never buy from them again.

Ken
What I've learned from selling on ebay is that the buyer is never happy when it comes to shipping charges. I would charge $1 to ship a single card and people still complained. Eventually, I just decided to do free shipping and have a higher starting bid.

It's amazing to me that the buyers are paying the exact same amount for the card, but the feedback does a 180 since they can't leave a negative.

I'm not trying to offend the OP or anyone else who expected more than what they got in the mail, but the way I see it, if you buy an item and get it exactly as described and you knew upfront how much you were paying, move on with your day and enjoy your card.
Completing the following:

2010 Topps Chrome X-Fractors (142/220 - 64.5%)
2010 Bowman Platinum Refractors (60/100 - 60%)
2011 Topps Diamond (444/660 - 67.3%)

Finished 2011 Sets: Topps Series 1 Master, Heritage Master, Heritage Chrome, Gypsy Queen Framed Green, Gypsy Queen Minis, Heritage Black

(08-26-2011, 01:07 PM)themaskedhood Wrote: As long as the card makes it to you in the condition stated in description you have absolutley zero reason to complain. You know how much shipping was before you bid on the card. It doesnt say anywhere on ebays site that using a pwe is not allowed.
i agree with you. it should not ship in a pwe but also understand a bubble mailer with postage at the post office is $1.72 bubbler .25 you are at $2 already. ebay then takes about 10% of the shipping and then paypal gets 3 1/2% more so where do you complain about 2.50 shipping if you dont like it dont buy on the bay. its whiners like this guy that think everything is free as if you dont get some nice cards for almost nothing anyway

The company I worked for had us go to an ebay seminar back when ebay started getting big. They tought how to sell and make a profit. Believe it or not but they teach to make a profit off everything including shipping. By excess shipping, they mean don't charge 10.00 for something that cost 2.00 or to those ads you see that say buy it now for .99 but shipping is 50.00. Everyone has their way of shipping.I don't care how it arrives just as long as its not damaged. If I don't like the way they ship,then i prolly won't buy from again.Its not like they hid the price of shipping.Yes they don't say how they ship,but if its damaged then you are covered by paypal. Remember some supplies aren't always the same price. Just take my hobby shop. Pack of 75 top loaders is 8.00 plus tx,pack of penny sleeves is 2.00 plus tx,and 1.09 for 000 bubble envelopes.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

(08-26-2011, 02:26 PM)griffan15 Wrote: What I've learned from selling on ebay is that the buyer is never happy when it comes to shipping charges. I would charge $1 to ship a single card and people still complained. Eventually, I just decided to do free shipping and have a higher starting bid.

It's amazing to me that the buyers are paying the exact same amount for the card, but the feedback does a 180 since they can't leave a negative.

I'm not trying to offend the OP or anyone else who expected more than what they got in the mail, but the way I see it, if you buy an item and get it exactly as described and you knew upfront how much you were paying, move on with your day and enjoy your card.
exactly