`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first lcs in 20 years

RE: first lcs in 20 years
Those stadium matrix are some of the best looking cards ever made in my opinion.

Those are some great pickups.

I've often wondered how some of these card shop owners have stayed in business. I always visit shops when out of town and often I felt like I traveled back in time to the early 90s. Some of these shops still have old cards sitting on their shelves (like they haven't ever heard of new product). I've also seen the 100% BV shops too, there's one in Mesquite, TX. The shops in Seattle area are kinda lame too, especially for Griffey collectors. There's a good shop in Anchorage, AK. There is a couple good shops in the Dallas area(vintage, game used, multi sport, new product). There was one shop in Wichita Falls, TX that had some cheap graded stuff. It's kinda a mix of comics/figurines/cards.

I've had the best luck at the hole in the wall type places in smaller market areas. I once bought over 600 Griffeys for $100.00 in Grapevine, TX because they guy had them for 12 years and no one asked for any in years. My goal for next year is to try Austin, Houston, and San Antonio in hopes to find some of the Spanish variant cards.
[Image: Icons-sig-2-1.gif]

Sweet pick ups man.

I have never been in a card shop where the owner was a butt hole. The card shop where I am used to going is RJ's Card Shop and everyone calls him coach cause he used to coach his son in highschool who now plays pro ball. Very nice guy.

Plus, the best card shop probably in east texas.

I've only ever been to 1 card shop and the place was insanely tiny. He was very nice though, and we even had a conversation about players who have had Tommy John surgery (it was right after Strasburg got hurt)
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

I remember growing up there was a LCS in the little town (under 20k ppl) closest to our house. It was in the same shopping center as Hobby Lobby, so not only did I get to check out loads of baseball cards in a super well organized shop, but I didn't have to be bored out of my mind in Hobby Lobby with my mom...plus spending my allowance on cards at the LCS was SOOOO much better than spending it on whatever I could find at Hobby Lobby. I remember the owner was super nice, especially to a quiet, shy kid who probably spent an average of 4 or 5 dollars each time I went in there.

Unfortunately when that shop closed (I was probably 11 or 12) I didn't find another one until college, almost ten years later. If you are ever in Denver, hit up Mike's Stadium Sports Cards...first time I went in I hadn't been in a LCS in ten years, but the owner was super nice. Didn't really spend much time there bc I was a poor college kid. After I got done with college I started going there more often, but had no clue which cards to collect, the owner was very nice, knows the products backwards and forwards, and got me back into baseball cards. I still go in every few weeks, but with a wife and kid on the way I don't have the funds to bust nearly as much wax as I did before the fam came along.
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

I like how this thread has become a good story of all the great shops around people. anyone know of any in the pasco, WA area? I'm heading there tonight for the next few days and was wondering if any were around. I can always google it but if anyone knows. now when I travel the country (after I win the lottery) I know where to hit up
no org, please do not send trade requests

(08-09-2011, 08:29 PM)jtulliakat0628 Wrote: Sweet pick ups man.

I have never been in a card shop where the owner was a butt hole. The card shop where I am used to going is RJ's Card Shop and everyone calls him coach cause he used to coach his son in highschool who now plays pro ball. Very nice guy.

Plus, the best card shop probably in east texas.
Where is that place and how far from Houston? I finally found a decent one in Houston, but it was tough. And for such a gigantic city, that's kind of depressing!

(08-10-2011, 10:54 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: And for such a gigantic city, that's kind of depressing!
yeah welcome to my world haha...I live in NYC and there's little to no selection. Its mind boggling to me a city so big that has everything can have so little as far as cards go.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(08-10-2011, 10:13 AM)michaelstepper Wrote: I like how this thread has become a good story of all the great shops around people. anyone know of any in the pasco, WA area? I'm heading there tonight for the next few days and was wondering if any were around. I can always google it but if anyone knows. now when I travel the country (after I win the lottery) I know where to hit up
Dont know of any in Pasco but my brother and I go regularly to one in Renton. Its called DJ's sports cards. He is a really good guy and treats all his customers well. We usually talk about baseball for a while. The other day he played a video of the Ebbets field getting demolished for me (He knows I am a huge Dodgers fan). Anyway, he usually can work with you on prices and always sells cards below book.

thanks blue! wanna know something funny? I lived in renton when i was 10-11 and there was a shop at the time by the grocery store johny's (then Q foods after that, not sure what it is now) that was the last shop I had ever been to. Fred meyer was about 5 min away as well. another was in maple valley down the way not to far, but i spent many days in the one by the store. he had a nolan ryan rookie slabbed in a screw down 3 inches thick. about all i remember really.
no org, please do not send trade requests