`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who was your very first PC of?

Who was your very first PC of?
When you first began collecting who was your first player collection of and how long did you collect him and do you still collect him?

I started in 86 and my favorite player at that time was Dave Righetti. I collected him for about 6 years which is about when he retired. I have most everything of his ever made. Even the later autos and jerseys.

After that I was a huge Eric Davis collector. Then of course Griffey.

Now I primarily collect Oswalt as well as other Astros greats and some prospects. I am also a Big insert collector, I love the cool insert sets from the late 90's and early 2000's especially the rare ones with very hard pack odds.

Thats my collecting history in a nutshell.
[Image: OSWALT-1-3.jpg]

RE: Who was your very first PC of?
Ken Griffey Jr. was my first collection, and I was so excited when he came to the Reds
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

"The Ryan Express" is the only pc collection that I've ever had and I still collect just him. I started collecting him in the summer of 1990.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Well there was this girl who was in the 10th grade and I was in the 9th.....Oh wait, what? Oooooh you said P.....C.....Not......nevermind....

(08-03-2011, 02:20 PM)alexs64 Wrote: Well there was this girl who was in the 10th grade and I was in the 9th.....Oh wait, what? Oooooh you said P.....C.....Not......nevermind....
Funny, oh I have collected some great PC back in College!
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

Frank Thomas, and still collecting him today
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

When I was a kid it was all about: Kent Hrbek, Frank Thomas, Cal Ripken Jr., and Nolan Ryan - in that order. Basketball I collected only Sean Kemp.

Now I collect autos of players I enjoy watching or that have done something I thought was cool/ entertained me; well, except for the Kourtney Kardashian auto, she's hasn't done anything but look kind of cute. Non-autos I mainly stick to team collecting Giants with a few "I think this card is cool" from other teams sprinkled in. If my team gets knocked out of the post season and I am following another one I'll most likely end up picking up some cards from players on that team as well. I collect what I watch mostly - for example I watched the Giants play the D-backs the past couple of nights and I am a Giants fan, but Paul Goldschmidt impressed me and I want an auto of his to remember the moment, even if he goes on to be a nobody I want the card as token of remembrance for the games - it goes like that.

Greg Jefferies.. when he first came up I was 7 or 8 I would beg my older brother to let me hold his 1988 Score rookie. I might have to get this psa 10 for memories:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1988-Score-GLOSSY-Gr...0655921138

I have been collecting David Wright for a little over 1 year. I have over 850 different cards including 40 or so auto's

and Allen and Ginter Relics/auto, in 3 weeks I went from 10 to 240 different relic/auto cards. I am focused on getting the 2011 complete relic set
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic,

My first PC, although I didn't know what a "PC" was at the time, was Ryne Sandberg. I started collecting in 1987 and immediately began picking up his older stuff. I had every card of him (not counting minor league cards) from 1983 to about 1993, then stopped collecting him.

I collected Ryne (Sandberg) and Ryan (Nolan) at the same time, but in 1993, I moved my primary focus to Nolan Ryan and have been collecting Rangers cards ever since.

back in 1987 (6 years old i guess) the oakland As were my team and jose conseco was my player for years...then around 1991 frank thomas became my player

then in 1992 it was greg maddux, mike piazza and frank thomas

greg maddux stuck and became pretty much it until 1995 when i quit baseball when they quit on us in 94....

getting back into things a lil over a year ago maddux, venters, hanson current/past braves I enjoy FY cards and slowly filling in gaps in key RCs for players i enjoyed growing up..focusing more on quality of the cards than quantity (IE: holding out and buying very nice raw copies worthy of grading, or already graded versions)

Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors