`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh how I wish there was no BIN on eBay

RE: Oh how I wish there was no BIN on eBay
If it's a card they want to take to their grave, it wouldn't be on eBay, for sure. The people into the hobby to make a living, that's part of the business, but I hate seeing a card that I would cherish and never sell sitting there with a ridiculous BIN, clearly no attachment for the seller, and yet they won't budge. It's a bummer from a collector's point of view. I want money, sure, that's why I've got a job, to pay the bills, take care of business, etc., but if I were able to sell all the crap I've got in my traders list, it would just go to buying me more PC cards.
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

(07-27-2011, 09:30 PM)bruinsfan08 Wrote: If it's a card they want to take to their grave, it wouldn't be on eBay, for sure. The people into the hobby to make a living, that's part of the business, but I hate seeing a card that I would cherish and never sell sitting there with a ridiculous BIN, clearly no attachment for the seller, and yet they won't budge. It's a bummer from a collector's point of view. I want money, sure, that's why I've got a job, to pay the bills, take care of business, etc., but if I were able to sell all the crap I've got in my traders list, it would just go to buying me more PC cards.
+1
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

one thing i do is I msg the seller and see if they wanna sell me it outside of ebay...
I usually get to knock off 10% or so off the original price if they agree
I collect Subban (Auto Only) and all Tanev cards
http://s1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/KelvinCanuck/

It is crazy the amount people want for their cards on eBay. I have mostly given up on trying to get cards of Zajac on eBay, as all the sellers seem to want 120% BV for their cards, which isn't fair, and I refuse to pay it.
Collecting Anton Lander and Mark Arcobello

(07-27-2011, 10:03 PM)Canucklehead Wrote: one thing i do is I msg the seller and see if they wanna sell me it outside of ebay...
I usually get to knock off 10% or so off the original price if they agree
As a seller on Ebay I absolutely will NOT sell outside of ebay if the guy messages me about it through Ebay. They have been booting sellers off for that violation lately.

As far as Ebay sellers always wanting a high price for BIN items Most of them are shop owners trying to make a living. I agree that all items listed with BIN-- as all mine are-- should be listed with a Best Offer. I always list for more than I want for an item and if some one makes me areasonable offer I will accept it. But a lot of people will pay the higher price without seeing if I will take less.

Ebay sellers also seem to be asking for a higher BIN as their fees keep going up esp. if you are an Ebay store seller.

To list an item for a store seller by auction is .10 per 7 days or he can list it for .05 cents for 30 days in his store with a BIN.

Sorry this is so long.

(07-27-2011, 11:35 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: As a seller on Ebay I absolutely will NOT sell outside of ebay if the guy messages me about it through Ebay. They have been booting sellers off for that violation lately.

As far as Ebay sellers always wanting a high price for BIN items Most of them are shop owners trying to make a living. I agree that all items listed with BIN-- as all mine are-- should be listed with a Best Offer. I always list for more than I want for an item and if some one makes me areasonable offer I will accept it. But a lot of people will pay the higher price without seeing if I will take less.

Ebay sellers also seem to be asking for a higher BIN as their fees keep going up esp. if you are an Ebay store seller.

To list an item for a store seller by auction is .10 per 7 days or he can list it for .05 cents for 30 days in his store with a BIN.

Sorry this is so long.
How does eBay know you are selling offline? And yes with a BO is fine. Let's say you have X card and you want 50, and have it listed at 100. Someone offers you 25 and boom 25 profit gain.
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

also ebay does now fee the seller for shipping now....

i seen a few folks on a lot of boards just stop using ebay to sell because the fees blow
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

(07-28-2011, 12:04 AM)nuccionino Wrote: How does eBay know you are selling offline? And yes with a BO is fine. Let's say you have X card and you want 50, and have it listed at 100. Someone offers you 25 and boom 25 profit gain.
If a buyer contacts you through Ebay messages and not by regular email they know b/c they save all those messages.

I to got feed up with all the increased fees and stopped selling on Ebay for about 4 months but the volumn of traffic on everything else is so low you just don't sell enough to make it worth it so I went back.

Sometimes I just reach out to the seller directly on ebay & see if he can do a better price on a card I'm interested in with a high BIN. It's worth the extra minute to send a message to the seller who most times than not, will work with you.

(07-28-2011, 01:50 PM)azicet Wrote: Sometimes I just reach out to the seller directly on ebay & see if he can do a better price on a card I'm interested in with a high BIN. It's worth the extra minute to send a message to the seller who most times than not, will work with you.
Agreed