Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Oh how I wish there was no BIN on eBay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Is it me, or do you all just wish everyone would stay away from BIN? Here are 5 stats of players I look for, and how many cards they have for sale on eBay

Player....................Auction.... BIN
Tomas Tatar...............29.........46
Niklas Kronwall.............6.........105
Tobias Enstrom...........17........302
Alexander Burmistrov....61........152
Zach Bogosian............55.........422

Crazy numbers, especially the ratio of Kronwall/Enstrom. And most of these cards are overpriced and have been on eBay for a long time. I just wish that everyone would do auctions at $.99 and let the market decide. I understand the BIN, and I have used it, but man, when I see a GU I want at 6 BIN when I know it cost 1 or 2, it stinks. And I am sure everyone has said the same thing.

And please, I know I can "get it else where" or "wait". And I do, but this is just a point I saw and wanted to get peoples opinion on it.
I hate BIN unless there is a "best offer" option
(07-27-2011, 08:37 PM)Canucklehead Wrote: [ -> ]I hate BIN unless there is a "best offer" option
Best Offer is nice, but even then. I was watching a card with a BIN/BO. Last 5 sold with shipping (and you can still find it). $5, $5, $6, $5, $6 all with some cents or so. The guy wanted $15 shipped. I offered $7.50 shipped, $1 more then all the other ones, and he declines.

And that is another thing, lately, I will offer, and they just decline, no counter, nothing. That also grinds my gears.
I can understand a BIN for folks that aren't desperate to move stuff for cheap, why not see if you can get the biggest bang for your buck? I hate people that'll list the same item for a year, one after another after another, always the same BIN. Get the hint, it's been three months, nobody's buying. Drop the price or put a best offer, you'll sell it sooner.
(07-27-2011, 08:46 PM)bruinsfan08 Wrote: [ -> ]I can understand a BIN for folks that aren't desperate to move stuff for cheap, why not see if you can get the biggest bang for your buck? I hate people that'll list the same item for a year, one after another after another, always the same BIN. Get the hint, it's been three months, nobody's buying. Drop the price or put a best offer, you'll sell it sooner.
That is what I mean, everyone read this post haha. People have the same stuff, way too high, for 43 years. If it isn't selling last year, why would it now? I do like how some items I am watching have dropped everytime it doesn't sell. For some reason, all are Enstrom's, and two HTG GU have been up for 3 months, same price... just throw it for auction and let it ride! And one HTG auto, the guy went from a BIN/BO, dropped it, then dropped it to a auction with a reserve (argh). But at least he is trying to drop it.

I noticed this, if an auction starts for a $20 card at $0.99 with $2 shipping, you will watch it. Same card, starts at $14.99 with $2 shipping only gets 1 bid. The one that started cheap, ended up going for $23. That happens a lot. So even when people put an auction up, but at a high number, it may sell less anyway.
There's a card on eBay right now that I've saved up nearly $400 for, and it's sitting at a BIN of $600, no bids, no best offers, nothing. The second he puts a best offer on it, I'm hitting it, and we'll see what happens. Until then, it'll sit there.
(07-27-2011, 09:02 PM)bruinsfan08 Wrote: [ -> ]There's a card on eBay right now that I've saved up nearly $400 for, and it's sitting at a BIN of $600, no bids, no best offers, nothing. The second he puts a best offer on it, I'm hitting it, and we'll see what happens. Until then, it'll sit there.
Well hopefully the seller comes to his senses and offers something up. People just like keeping cards they want to sell for a long time I guess.
if it is one of the few sellers i know, they will take the cards to their graves... i hate to say it but they in it for the $$$ not for the love of the hobby. i understand you want to make some money but yea...

(07-27-2011, 09:02 PM)bruinsfan08 Wrote: [ -> ]There's a card on eBay right now that I've saved up nearly $400 for, and it's sitting at a BIN of $600, no bids, no best offers, nothing. The second he puts a best offer on it, I'm hitting it, and we'll see what happens. Until then, it'll sit there.
(07-27-2011, 09:12 PM)bonnev659 Wrote: [ -> ]if it is one of the few sellers i know, they will take the cards to their graves... i hate to say it but they in it for the $$$ not for the love of the hobby. i understand you want to make some money but yea...
I know an ITG one... we all know that one I think.
(07-27-2011, 09:13 PM)nuccionino Wrote: [ -> ]I know an ITG one... we all know that one I think.
a few ITG ones to be honest, 1 guy who does all the brands, and 1 who does random stuff
Pages: 1 2 3 4