Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Oh how I wish there was no BIN on eBay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just to be devil's advocate,

I noticed some sellers put ridiculous BIN on their Gretzky's, Crosby's and limited Cup cards etc. etc. Then run other auctions starting at a low opening bid. I have often wondered if they have the cards with the big names and the crazy BIN just to attract peeps to their other auctions.

Once again just to be devil's advocate. We need to make our minds up, do we want to be mad at sellers for shill bidding or do we want to be mad at sellers for stating what they want for their cards?

I choose both on any given day,

This is a good thread. I've been trying to buy a Cal O'Reilly Cup rc. I've seen them sell between $8-$26. With the average being $13. Right now there are only 11 Cal Cup rcs on the bay and all are BIN with prices starting at $25-$60. The worst is that these Cup cards dont even have spectacular patches. The one I saw "auction" for $26 had a patch similar to the one in my avatar.
that is true,

(07-29-2011, 09:28 PM)ultimateheatley Wrote: [ -> ]Just to be devil's advocate,

I noticed some sellers put ridiculous BIN on their Gretzky's, Crosby's and limited Cup cards etc. etc. Then run other auctions starting at a low opening bid. I have often wondered if they have the cards with the big names and the crazy BIN just to attract peeps to their other auctions.

Once again just to be devil's advocate. We need to make our minds up, do we want to be mad at sellers for shill bidding or do we want to be mad at sellers for stating what they want for their cards?

I choose both on any given day,
but as 1 LCS said on another forum (took out the names so you can't figure out what seller he is talking about)

"I would think factoring in all the listing/store fee's ebay charges these days....and they would be much better to sell them now then later...

I've yet to be able to get xxxx down to earth on anything...

YYYYY on the other hand I have been able to work with for years, getting fairly decent prices on things too. It seems some can deal with him and others can't....somehow I've found a way."

so it is a give of pin the tail on the donkey....
Pages: 1 2 3 4