`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Bryce Harper: Not so hot in AA ball

RE: Bryce Harper: Not so hot in AA ball
man you guys are blasting a 20 year old kid that is playing with grown men! Some guys have been in Double A for 5-6 years give him a break. Harper will be alright 40 ABs is just rediculas to make a judgement on. Can you imagine the pressure that is on him with all this hype once he seattles down and learns to block alot of it out he'll put the numbers up it just takes time!!!
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

He's got talent, but he will be an incredible bust if he doesn't grow up soon. He's young, but acts as if he is about 14. You would think that he would have learned to deal with hype and expectations by now, but apparently not. Right now, he has all of the physical tools and none of the mental ones. Unfortunately for him, that does not equate to a successful major league career. Maybe he will mature, we'll see.....

(07-22-2011, 09:00 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: He's got talent, but he will be an incredible bust if he doesn't grow up soon. He's young, but acts as if he is about 14. You would think that he would have learned to deal with hype and expectations by now, but apparently not. Right now, he has all of the physical tools and none of the mental ones. Unfortunately for him, that does not equate to a successful major league career. Maybe he will mature, we'll see.....
well it seems he is being outshined by his teammates
Player POS G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB
Rhinehart OF 83 256 54 74 16 2 20 55 154 39

(07-22-2011, 12:41 AM)dbroockerd Wrote: Even if he lives up to the hype will his cards ever be higher than they are now? Crazy to pay for the unsure thing.
Reminds me a few years back with Alex Gordon and Justin Upton...how'd that investment work out??

Interesting, though, he was still just rated as the 3rd best minor league prospect behind Teheran and Moore

(07-22-2011, 12:14 PM)gatorfoley12 Wrote: well it seems he is being outshined by his teammates
Player POS G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB
Rhinehart OF 83 256 54 74 16 2 20 55 154 39
I should hope so- his teammate has gone to the plate more than 6 times as much......

(07-22-2011, 01:31 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: I should hope so- his teammate has gone to the plate more than 6 times as much......
rhinehart is old and has more experience and harper is young ......its like teacher and a student

I never said the kid would fail or not do well. I just said that it's going to be hard to make profit on people's initial investment (the ones who paid ridiculous amounts on eBay and such) even if he is a Hall of Famer. Some will make a profit yes but most will simply break even or lose some money. In my opinion it's just not the smartest investment. I wish Harper all the best and I hope he does well.
[Image: bannerthj011.jpg]
Thanks to talkntribe for my banner!

http://s1141.photobucket.com/home/Trey_Jones001/index

Not me, I want to see him fall flat on his face, to be honest. (Although I would like to trade the rest of my Harpers first! Haha) I used to root for him, but lately I have seen how immature he is. He also seems to have a ridiculous sense of entitlement and that drives me insane. I love underdog stories and I hate when people have everything given to them without having to pay their dues. So unless he grows up, I am rooting for him to fall on his face.

Having said that, his cards are more valuable than Pujols, who I think is better than Bryce Harper will ever be. There's only one way for his card values to go....... down.

(07-22-2011, 01:31 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: I should hope so- his teammate has gone to the plate more than 6 times as much......

My point in bringing up his teammates is he is not the focus of that particular team any more. When he was in Hagerstown he was the team now in AA he has teammates who were already having a great season and he has to take a back seat to them. He has never played anywhere where he was not the best player on the team.

(07-22-2011, 08:42 AM)rad_1205 Wrote: man you guys are blasting a 20 year old kid that is playing with grown men!
I don't think most people really are blasting Harper himself (minus the maturity issues) as much as they are the hype machine surrounding him. We all see it all the time around many things. He's the new shiny thing right now that everyone wants as he will be the greatest thing since sliced bread. However, and I have nothing to base this on, it seems that many more people who get all this hype don't do a whole heck of a lot to live up to said hype, which is typically too high to begin with. My opinion is that people want to see the hype machine be wrong more so than they want Harper to fail.

Wasn't Montero supposed to be taking over the Yankees by now? According to the hype anyway...........