`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Bryce Harper: Not so hot in AA ball

Bryce Harper: Not so hot in AA ball
After 12 games being moved to AA with the Harrisburg Senators, kinda' cold.

AVG=.175 G=12 AB=40 R=3 H=7 HR=0 SB=1 BB=4 SO=9
WANTED: Pete Rose / Dale Murphy before 1981 / BUY or TRADE

http://stores.ebay.com/DugoutATL
http://www.facebook.com/RaylonsCollectibles

RE: Bryce Harper: Not so hot in AA ball
Even if he lives up to the hype will his cards ever be higher than they are now? Crazy to pay for the unsure thing.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

He looked BAD in the Futures game too. He looked helpless vs the curve and breaking stuff. I have a feeling he's going to struggle big time in the majors.

(07-22-2011, 12:38 AM)raylon Wrote: After 12 games being moved to AA with the Harrisburg Senators, kinda' cold.

40 abs is not enough time to adjust

Yea I know I'm relatively new to the collecting scene but it was so confusing to me that people would pay these outrageous prices for an unproven player. Prices that could easily get you a couple of really nice vintage HOFer's or a lot of cards for any middle-upper star player PC.

Like dbroock said, the prices have nowhere to go but down even if he is a first ballot HOFer. Unless of course the future collectors are even crazier and pay even more for the cards than originally.
[Image: bannerthj011.jpg]
Thanks to talkntribe for my banner!

http://s1141.photobucket.com/home/Trey_Jones001/index
Wink 
(07-22-2011, 12:38 AM)raylon Wrote: After 12 games being moved to AA with the Harrisburg Senators, kinda' cold.

give me all your harpers guys if you think he wont make it

(07-22-2011, 12:43 AM)scorpion1157 Wrote: 40 abs is not enough time to adjust
When he had 40 AB's at the previous levels and was on fire there were tons of people praising him. Why did it matter then, and where are those people now?

Oh yeah, the world of prospecting where you pimp to maximize profit then disappear.
I collect 1999 Ultra, 2002 Topps 206, 2003 Topps 205, A&G Minis, Andy Pettitte,
and Brett Gardner.

He has struggled at each new level at the beginning..
When he bypassed HS..he was so bad at the beginning in JUCO that he almost went back to school
A ball..cold at the beginning but them adjusted and promoted.
AA ball will be the same thing...adjust and will be leading in most areas soon enough..
As far as hitting a curve and breaking stuff..let him see it a few more times and he will adjust.
Sure is hard to live up to the hype of a super god ballplayer...every misstep is magnified 1000X

As far as Raylon wrote: I'll take all your Harper cards too...he will not make it..big bust...20 Cents on the dollar now before you lose all your investment..

(07-22-2011, 12:43 AM)evolb909 Wrote: He looked BAD in the Futures game too. He looked helpless vs the curve and breaking stuff. I have a feeling he's going to struggle big time in the majors.
He is also going to get a fastball at his head in the majors if he thinks he can blow kisses at pitchers in The Show after he hits a homerun like he did when he was with Hagerstown.

(07-22-2011, 08:25 AM)fulltritty Wrote: He is also going to get a fastball at his head in the majors if he thinks he can blow kisses at pitchers in The Show after he hits a homerun like he did when he was with Hagerstown.
But pitchers can talk junk. lol

EVERY player goes through a slow period....
I mean look at the Red Sox they was looking like chumps instead of bidding for a WS shot like they was predicted.

Now they have the Best Record in the AL.

Yes I know records mean nothing. But You can't make it to post season if you lose EVERY game either.