`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Weeks Oilers Mail

This Weeks Oilers Mail
I got 3 packages this week 2 from the bay and 1 from powelldu.

[Image: Mail-0001.jpg]

Everything in this image I got from powelldu except the Oates jersey card (bay). Got to give a big shout out to powelldu for the Dixon Ward auto, this one I was really exited to get because Dixon Ward's dad used to be the principal at the elementary school I went to as a kid.

And the other one I am really excited for: SP Game Used Theo Peckham Gold Spectrum #2/10

[Image: IMG.jpg]

Thanks for looking.
[Image: Beckett-Banner-temp.jpg]
Theo Peckham PC: 15/60 25% Complete *0 Incoming (1/1's - 01/45)
Adam Oates (Oilers): 04/21 19% Complete *0 Incoming
NHL 2010-11 UD Series: 454/500 90.8% Complete *0 incoming

RE: This Weeks Oilers Mail
nice haul. good ol' rem murray. i remember when he was traded to my preds from the rangers along with the rights to marek zidlicky for mike dunham. one of the best trades the preds ever made in my book. murray was very productive and zidlicky became an all star. not to mention moving dunham opened the door for tomas vokoun to take over. preds have been to the playoffs nearly every year since. ahhh..the good old days....

(07-16-2011, 08:43 PM)22xpress Wrote: nice haul. good ol' rem murray. i remember when he was traded to my preds from the rangers along with the rights to marek zidlicky for mike dunham. one of the best trades the preds ever made in my book. murray was very productive and zidlicky became an all star. not to mention moving dunham opened the door for tomas vokoun to take over. preds have been to the playoffs nearly every year since. ahhh..the good old days....
I agree I like Rem Murray, and he came back to the Oilers for their cup run back in 06 before disappearing to Europe.

Hey Matt, I've been meaning to ask an Oilers fan. I was listening to local radio the other day. As an outsider, the host seemed to me to have pretty thin skin about Kings GM Lombardi's calling Oilers GM Tambellini. What do you think?

Oh also I like the Pronger, and I like Pronger...I don't care what anyone says.
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

Some great cards there really the Theo, one of my favorite oilers.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

(07-16-2011, 09:49 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: Hey Matt, I've been meaning to ask an Oilers fan. I was listening to local radio the other day. As an outsider, the host seemed to me to have pretty thin skin about Kings GM Lombardi's calling Oilers GM Tambellini. What do you think?

Wonder how Lombardi would react if we threw an offer sheet Drew Doughty's way. Big Grin

(07-16-2011, 08:25 PM)mattrgoddard Wrote: I got 3 packages this week 2 from the bay and 1 from powelldu.

[Image: Mail-0001.jpg]

Everything in this image I got from powelldu except the Oates jersey card (bay). Got to give a big shout out to powelldu for the Dixon Ward auto, this one I was really exited to get because Dixon Ward's dad used to be the principal at the elementary school I went to as a kid.

And the other one I am really excited for: SP Game Used Theo Peckham Gold Spectrum #2/10

[Image: IMG.jpg]

Thanks for looking.
Nice Peckham. I may try to see if I can get a signed stick from him if I play poker with him again. Smile

Nice additions
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(07-16-2011, 09:49 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: Hey Matt, I've been meaning to ask an Oilers fan. I was listening to local radio the other day. As an outsider, the host seemed to me to have pretty thin skin about Kings GM Lombardi's calling Oilers GM Tambellini. What do you think?

It is tough to say without being in the conversations that were held between the two organizations during the trade, especially after it was leaked that Smyth wanted back to Edmonton and the trade involving Brule had been agreed upon on principle. After that trade fell apart because the Oilers didn't file some paper work that cleared Brule to play (or at least to be able to be bought out), as thus the trade involving Fraser was created. Now from my understanding Lombardi and the Kings organization knew that Fraser had the foot injury and they were alright with that, figuring he would be back for training camp to compete for a spot/get sent to the minors/or get bought out. However when LA's doctors examined him they found the unreported injuries.

Whether Edmonton doctors and organization knew about the injuries or not, I can't say, but as an Oilers fan I would like to believe that we did not try and pull a fast one on LA or Lombardi.

Now I don't blame Lombardi for being upset because this interferes with his plans, and I believe he has every right to seek what ever legal/league action he can, but keep it within the official channels of the NHL. The fact that he went to a reporter and publicly bashed the Oilers organization is what is upsetting many Oiler fans/writers/personel/ect. After the Penner offer sheet Brian Burke went on a year long rant where he would do the exact same thing as Lombardi did. This is still fresh in many Oilers fans minds so as you seen with the radio host (my assumptions would be Jason Gregor or Bob Stauffer) they get agitated pretty easily when there is outside criticism about the Oilers organization.

To wrap it up I see fault on both sides in this dispute, the Oilers either failed to recognize or report the injuries that Fraser had, which started this whole thing. And LA went about the dispute the wrong way when they went public, they should have kept it closed and dealt with in via the NHL head office.
(07-16-2011, 11:33 PM)jafi1972 Wrote: Wonder how Lombardi would react if we threw an offer sheet Drew Doughty's way. Big Grin
That would be the worst thing the Oilers could do.

1. LA would match instantly.
2. If LA didn't match the cost of acquiring Doughty would have to be ~$10m a year plus we would have to give away our next 4 first round picks ( which even with Doughty could range anywhere from 1-18 in the next 4 years.
3. In 2 Years when Hall, Eberle, PRV, and Omark become RFA you know LA is putting offers on us in retaliation.
4. It would only make the current situation worse and would make the Oilers Organization look bad around the league.

doughty isn't worth any first round picks anyway. just a little punk is all he is.

(07-17-2011, 02:16 PM)mattrgoddard Wrote: 1. LA would match instantly.
2. If LA didn't match the cost of acquiring Doughty would have to be ~$10m a year plus we would have to give away our next 4 first round picks ( which even with Doughty could range anywhere from 1-18 in the next 4 years.
3. In 2 Years when Hall, Eberle, PRV, and Omark become RFA you know LA is putting offers on us in retaliation.
4. It would only make the current situation worse and would make the Oilers Organization look bad around the league.
As an Oiler fan, I totally agree with all 4 of your points here. If the Kings were tight for cap room and the Oil could sign Doughty for considerably less than market value somehow, I could maybe see it, but in current circumstances, absoulutly not.
Collecting Anton Lander and Mark Arcobello