`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
you know how you just KNOW a customer is gonna be a problem?

you know how you just KNOW a customer is gonna be a problem?
so i had someone buy from me. they paid via paypal on 6/27, and i shipping out early afternoon on the 27th. the DC number showed that it had been accepted at my post office that afternoon.

no issues

for geography's sake, im in new england, he's down South

on june 30th, i get a message from the customer: why hasnt my package arrived yet? why hasnt there been any progress on the DC number? I know the estimated delivery time has not even passed yet, but i wanted these before the weekend

i replied that after i drop off the package, i have no control over the postal process, however, many times a package doesnt get scanned. no worries. after all, it's only been 60 hours since i sent it

the reply in my head which i didnt say was, "are you out your bleepin' mind?"

i just get an email: he didnt get it, he's unhappy, he has opened a POSTAL INVESTIGATION, and he is worried that the package has been stolen

i just know, no matter what i do, no matter how much i reason with the guy, he's gonna come back and say he's unhappy with the cards for some reason.

i need a 9-5 job. ebay's gonna start making me discourteous

RE: you know how you just KNOW a customer is gonna be a problem?
I hate people so much. Good luck
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

Dante Hicks: You hate people!
Randal Graves: But, I love gatherings, isn't it ironic?

I know how ya feel. I had similar issues. Problem is is ANYONE can get an eBay account and the 10% of the population thats crazy with anxiety issues are also ppl on ebay.
Ive had ppl leave me less than a 4 (mind you it goes up to 5) star rating when a package was delivered withing 3-5 days on shipping time.
And I have the same thing with shipping costs, even when I take a loss on it. I sold a bunch of my GF's jewelry and shipped each piece flat rate box with delivery confirmation (cost $5.90) and I would only charge $5 and state how it was being shipped with the charge in the auction and they would STILL leave less than a 4 star rating.
NUTS!

And yes, you can usually tell who the nuts are by the off the wall questions or shipping instructions.

Dont worry bout the postal investigation....its nothing. You have proof of mailing that.

PS: And let me guess, its for something less than $20, right? lol
(07-02-2011, 02:14 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: Dante Hicks: You hate people!
Randal Graves: But, I love gatherings, isn't it ironic?
OH GOD! I was SOOOOO both Randall and Dante at one point.
I worked Blockbuster and Wawa (convenience store) and I treated ppl at those jobs like they would. I was awesome. Smile

(07-02-2011, 02:20 PM)creativemunky Wrote: I know how ya feel. I had similar issues. Problem is is ANYONE can get an eBay account and the 10% of the population thats crazy with anxiety issues are also ppl on ebay.
Ive had ppl leave me less than a 4 (mind you it goes up to 5) star rating when a package was delivered withing 3-5 days on shipping time.
And I have the same thing with shipping costs, even when I take a loss on it. I sold a bunch of my GF's jewelry and shipped each piece flat rate box with delivery confirmation (cost $5.90) and I would only charge $5 and state how it was being shipped with the charge in the auction and they would STILL leave less than a 4 star rating.
NUTS!

And yes, you can usually tell who the nuts are by the off the wall questions or shipping instructions.

Dont worry bout the postal investigation....its nothing. You have proof of mailing that.

PS: And let me guess, its for something less than $20, right? lol
actually, including shipping, we're talking about 90 dollars. but still...i mean...cmon. complete overreaction by the guy

as for the postal investigation, i can only imagine that the post office workers became cross-eyed from rolling their eyes so much

I work in retail. The way I know is when they start their sentence, "I don't usually complain, but". Its amazing how impatient and rude people are these days. I have the same problems on Ebay sometimes too. It usually has to do with shipping or feedback. I go in about once a month and do feedback. What some people don't realize is that feedback is optional. I have had multiple people threaten me to get feedback. I explain to them that I do my feedback all in one shot once a month. Some of them still get upset that I don't leave their "optional feedback" immediately.

so, i messaged him back, and tried to traed lightly. i said, now dont take this the wrong way, but you might be jumping the gun a bit

his reply:

"business is business and my desire was to have the cards by the end of the week so I could list them.

I ship first class as well and generally within 3 days the customer has received their items. I also know that when they are not satisfied they are "always right" and I have never made excuses and I hope I never will."

1. first class, over 1000 miles, 3 days? 50/50 shot
2. the customer is almost never right
3. i wasnt making excuses

im gonna have to not reply to that bleepin' bleep.

List his screen name so we can block him

There are a lot of people being absolutely unreasonable lately. I had a similar buyer who left me a low DSR for shipping time because it took 3 1/2 days from the moment he paid until the moment it was confirmed as delivered. He paid at 5 pm my time on a Tuesday and had it by noon on Saturday. Package was shipped from Washington to Virginia. I would tend to think that is more than fair.

(07-02-2011, 03:33 PM)011873 Wrote: List his screen name so we can block him
+1! I would love to add this person to my blocked bidder list.

I love these idiot Ebay buyers. I had a guy buy a card from me complain that the card was not as described and asked me what I was going to do to make it right. I emailed back asking what he wanted and exactly what was wrong with the card. The next day he leaves me positive feedback and I never hear from him again. He still made my blocked bidder list.
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.