`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dilemma...You Decide The Outcome ! SCANS

RE: Dilemma...You Decide The Outcome ! SCANS
Thats just how they took the pictures i believe...a few other people have bought this same bat off of him because he had a few and they absolutely said they loved it.
Looking for Highend Pujols/Chipper/Longo

Also looking for a new sweet banner, i will provide all the pictures just need someone to put together a sweet one !

Um, did you check out the MLB authentication sticker?

If it says FJ293822 (which is hard to confirm due to blurry pics) something comes up that would make me very nervous about buying this.

Hologram number FJ293822 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under DESTROYED HOLOGRAM.
Session Product Description: Session Name: ALBERT PUJOLS SIGNING - STEINER SPORTS
Session Date: December 04, 2010
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.

True it does say Albert Pujols Signing, but it also says that sticker # was destroyed which are two conflicting statements (again if what I typed was accurate). All of my MLB holograms say located under Game Used Hat, Jersey, etc. not destroyed. Not that MLB authentication is 100% accurate, but still that would make me pause.

Another thing is the fact that it says Steiner Sports, but there isn't a Steiner hologram. They love putting their stickers on everything they touch, so that is kind of weird. I'm in no way saying this is fake or that you shouldn't buy it, just that there are at least two inconsistencies to what I would call normal. If nothing else I would ask to get the MLB authentication number through email just to make sure what I typed was accurate. Good luck.

Thanks for this post but i don't think thats the actual bat that im getting....He has a few of them and used this picture for them all.

Also looking for a new sweet banner, i will provide all the pictures just need someone to put together a sweet one !

(06-23-2011, 03:52 PM)jrod1022 Wrote: Thanks for this post but i don't think thats the actual bat that im getting....He has a few of them and used this picture for them all.
That would be the third strike against me buying it. Not trying to be a downer just making sure that you are going to get what you are paying for.

1. MLB authentication says sticker was destroyed (even if this doesn't matter to you, think about resale value)
2. Was produced for Steiner in a Steiner session, but no Steiner sticker
3. You are buying something sight unseen/seller is using stock photos to sell high end memorabilia? Really couldn't take one minute to get a real pic of a $700 item? How many of these does he have? Man that screams shaddy to me.

So along with asking for the sticker # for the item you would be buying I would also ask to see pics of the EXACT bat you would be getting. I hope everything checks out and you do get it because it looks really nice.

iujapander, great detective work.

I would ask what the seller what the authentication number is so you can check the database(s) and then have it in writing before you fork out $700.

...Rick
My PC & Trade... http://s558.photobucket.com/albums/ss22/...rts_Teams/

My trade items are at the bottom of my bucket listed as "Trade - (Type of Card)"

I'm always looking for HOF game-used in all sports...

I could also buy the same bat off of a website i found thats legit for 800 bucks.....But along with the signature in gold it also comes with the inscription "THE MACHINE" and it looks amazing.

After confirming the bat is legit, I'd sell the Stras and buy the Pujols.
I collect Yankees
I trade based on BV, not sale price.