`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
First homerun at your first game, who was it?

RE: First homerun at your first game, who was it?
My was Jeff Bagwell at the astrodome it flew right over my dang head out of reach it was awesome. I also was there when McGwire hit one of the longest homeruns in the astrodome he crushed it to bad we all know why.
Bagwell, Biggio, Nolan Ryan,Pujols,Maddux,Chipper,Longo,griffey,Jeter, Ripken jr
, Randy johnson,Pete Rose,Mantle,Dimaggio,Lincecum,pedroia
Farve,Orakpo,V young
,Q Cosby,j Witten,M Austin,D Ware,L Sweed, C MCcoy,J Shipley,S Kindel,E Thomas

it was mike piazza and barry bonds both in the same game

Andre Thornton in 1981. Dont remember it at all, I was 4 years old. I do remember taunting Frank Viola in 1986 while sitting behind the Visitors Dugout at the old Cleveland Stadium. Then Gary Gaetti came out of the dugout and yelled at us. Then we taunted both Gary Gaetti and Frank Viola for the remainder of the game.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

Carl Yazstremski hit a bomb out of the park at Tiger Stadium in 1967, my first game. I was 5 years old, dressed in my Tigers uni with a plastic "kiddie's first baseball mitt" at the ready. As we were walking to our seats in the right field lower deck, a few rows fair from the foul pole, everyone started bolting from their seat. Yaz had just screamed one over the fence, and BONK!! Knocked my mom out cold, right off her dome. Dad told me to grab the ball. Felt like I was in the middle of a rugby scrum. Did not come up with the ball but got tossed out of the way by souvenir hounds. (I can relate now) I got to see the nurse searching for mom, as she huddled down in her seat angry that the Tigers were losing the game early on. Thanks for the memories, mom.

mine was when barry bonds hit a bomb agianst the rockies.

(08-09-2011, 01:44 PM)eman97 Wrote: mine was when barry bonds hit a bomb agianst the rockies.
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. When, exactly? We know it was obviously when he was w/ SF. The point of this thread is details on seeing your 1st HR. You can't just name someone who is technically the all-time HR leader and say it was against a team he faced up to 20 times each year. We wanna know some details.
BTW, I can't believe this thread got dug up again, but I'm not surprised and am glad it did. Let's here some more stories!
(08-09-2011, 12:13 PM)SteinKatz Wrote: Carl Yazstremski hit a bomb out of the park at Tiger Stadium in 1967, my first game. I was 5 years old, dressed in my Tigers uni with a plastic "kiddie's first baseball mitt" at the ready. As we were walking to our seats in the right field lower deck, a few rows fair from the foul pole, everyone started bolting from their seat. Yaz had just screamed one over the fence, and BONK!! Knocked my mom out cold, right off her dome. Dad told me to grab the ball. Felt like I was in the middle of a rugby scrum. Did not come up with the ball but got tossed out of the way by souvenir hounds. (I can relate now) I got to see the nurse searching for mom, as she huddled down in her seat angry that the Tigers were losing the game early on. Thanks for the memories, mom.
GREAT Story! I really hope your Mom was okay after that!!! It really is too bad that you didn't end up with the ball though.

i don't remember that well i was young.

(08-10-2011, 09:04 AM)eman97 Wrote: i don't remember that well i was young.

Man..must have been a loooooooooooooooong time ago
[Image: Exposfan09.jpg]

"Because some men aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, or reasoned with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Collecting Ryan Zimmerman and Marquis Grissom!

Greg Luzinski at the Vet in 1976.

I wish I could remember. The only thing I remember about my very first game (an Oakland A's Spring Training game at Phoenix Municipal Stadium) was watching Rickey Henderson play in the outfield about 30 feet from me.
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*