`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 71 Vote(s) - 3.59 Average
Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack

RE: Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack
(12-19-2023, 12:01 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Something I've always been curious about - what is the appromximate average a card like this goes for?

(Most of your pickups are roughly this caliber)

Reason I ask is, and I mean it as a compliment, you've built this amazing collection by being disciplined on singles and passing up random blasters and boxes, as far as we know, LOL

I think it would be interesting to see what people (like myself) waste on retail when we could be adding these amazing cards to our PCs and not rewarding the doosh card companies for their shenanigans in the process.

Or, if it's none of my business, that's fine too LOL
Over the decades, I've occasionally bought a box here and there, but 9 out of 10 times, you don't make back what it cost, so to me, it's just a gamble that you're gonna lose. Better to get what I collect. In general the longer you wait after the initial release, the single prices drop anywhere from 24-50%. Anytime, I see an auction (vs a Buy it Now), it will go for less than I would pay for it. Over the course of 24 years, my spending on cards is always $1200-3000/month with Brunell cards accounting for 75% of that. Although I spend that amount, it is off set by what I sell on ebay. From mid 2000s, I have had my sales cover my purchases each year.
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack - by jaderock - 01-01-2024, 03:41 AM
Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack - by #1 Peyton Manning Collector - 07-24-2007, 09:46 PM
Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack - by Dhenderson19(Auto Mem Collector) - 02-24-2008, 03:46 AM
Mark Brunell Collection - Last Week - FOUR #1/1s, 2 RARE In Person Autos, Promo Pack - by Lennox.p ( No.1 Keyshawn Johnson Fan ) - 02-24-2008, 04:07 PM