`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 Prizm base cards have only 54 PARALLELS! Who's gonna chase their favorite player

RE: 2023 Prizm base cards have only 54 PARALLELS! Who's gonna chase their favorite player
May sound weird but I was actually happy Cris Carter wasn't in this year's. Still working on the last 3 years of Mosaic and Prizm. I need a break!
ID VIKESRULE on most other trade sites. Don't care about BV if the deal is right.
Cris Carter super collector and die hard Vikings guy!

RE: 2023 Prizm base cards have only 54 PARALLELS! Who's gonna chase their favorite player
(01-07-2024, 01:29 PM)footbal Wrote: May sound weird but I was actually happy Cris Carter wasn't in this year's. Still working on the last 3 years of Mosaic and Prizm. I need a break!
Prizm and Mosaic rainbows are fun to chase...I understand your relief, but the itch is too much - Brunell was only in insert sets last year and it was boring. How far are you on those 3 years? Which were the hardest for you and which were surprise snags for you?
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Am I mistaken or are the 2023 Panini Prizm base not listed on Beckett?

Disregard. I see them today

(01-09-2024, 08:17 PM)jaderock Wrote: Prizm and Mosaic rainbows are fun to chase...I understand your relief, but the itch is too much - Brunell was only in insert sets last year and it was boring. How far are you on those 3 years? Which were the hardest for you and which were surprise snags for you?
For 21 Mosaic I'm down to Red Wave /9, Green Flour /10 & Orange Flour /25.
2023 Mosaic: Blue Sprakle /96, Reactive Yellow /89, Gold Sparkle /24,  Green Sparkle /8, Blue Flourescent /15, Pink Flourescent /10, Elevate:Green Flourescent /10, Pink Flourescent /10.
For 2022 Prizm I'm down to: Snakeskin, No Huddle neon green /5,Gold Sparkle /24,Green Sparkle /8.
I do have a 1/1 in 2023 and 2021 Mosaic but there's a guy who has all 3 1/1's from 22 Prizm so I know I'm not getting those. Hardest to track down were snakeskin and peacocks. Flourescents I seem to struggle with for some reason. The sparkles are proving to be ridiculously hard to come by too-I know two other guys chasing them and we're always looking out for each other and we're all in the same boat. Biggest surprise snag was Prizm retail blue. Bought it cuz it looked darker than normal and turned out it was-got it for $5 so the seller didn't know either. Also got a random message from someone I never interacted with who told me about the 23 Mosaic 1/1 he saw on whatnot. He saw it, checked a FB page and saw I'm always looking and let me know. If that didn't happen I wouldn't have gotten that one. I sent him a Derwyn James black gold /8 as a thank you just for letting me know. I love chasing these for sure, just hoping to finish these before I start another million card rainbow! Not that I wasn't over the top impressed with your collection already but chasing these really gives a huge appreciation for just how difficult it is to finish one.
ID VIKESRULE on most other trade sites. Don't care about BV if the deal is right.

footbal - I don't do much social media apps, but gosh darn - some of those rare ones were from FB, X, IG! I had always thought that eventually all cards end up on ebay due to the reach, but I was wrong.

On the 2023 Prizm, I'm 50 cards in with 4 left to go!
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!

(03-17-2024, 12:03 AM)jaderock Wrote: footbal - I don't do much social media apps, but gosh darn - some of those rare ones were from FB, X, IG! I had always thought that eventually all cards end up on ebay due to the reach, but I was wrong.

That's incredible to be 50 in already! And I'm with you on the social media. I need to branch out more for sure!

(03-17-2024, 12:03 AM)jaderock Wrote: footbal - I don't do much social media apps, but gosh darn - some of those rare ones were from FB, X, IG! I had always thought that eventually all cards end up on ebay due to the reach, but I was wrong.

You can do it!

(Just need that one Rob Schneider meme from Water Boy)

updated original post - 53 of 55 completed, just 2 more to go!

I think that is right that the Red and Yellow is exclusive to the China boxes which explains why it is more difficult than the others that are lower numbered.

As for the last 1 of 1, you never know with 1 of 1 cards - especially with the Great New Collectors believing that holding onto sealed wax is a great investment